Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Les Arcs warning
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Agreed. Areches Beaufort has amazing potential though. I rode there last summer, only on the marked DH trails though. Decked it HARD on some very slippery shore on the black. It turns out it was so slippy it was difficult to stand on, let alone ride. The confidence to ride stuff blind is sometimes misplaced…

For those of us with a it of flexibility, but other commitments, do you do guiding by the day in AB? If so, I take it a 100mm FS is better than a DH bike?

scottfitz
    Free Member

They could do with updating the dates on there website if there not opening the lifts till the 9th not the 2nd http://bikepark.compagniedesalpes.fr/

mansell
    Free Member

For anyone reading this who has booked on a trailAddiction holiday week ( I know at least two of you have panicked and emailed us already!) – FEAR NOT.

trailAddiction has a very special relationship with SMA – the local lift operator, who work very closely with us on all aspects of mountain management and single track access in the area. This includes scheduling the lift opening timetables.

For anyone riding with a trailAddiction guide this summer, Im pleased to confirm we have special provision to open any lifts that we need to uplift our groups, in order to run our holidays as normal. We’ve agreed a special timetable for this directly with SMA for that week in question when the resort is not fully open to the general public.

Bad luck to anyone else who has mis-timed their dates…….we still have a few slots left for those dates to join our groups, or otherwise Id suggest some of the alternatives listed here. Tignes is a good alternative for bike-park and big-hitting riding but is very limited on good single track.

Hi

This statement is not true. The lifts will be open from the weekend of the 23rd June (Funicular and Cachette lifts for DH and trail access from Bourg St Maurice up to above 1600). The following weekend the same is true and day passes can be purchased for €16 euros as well as packs of 10 trips on the lifts. The following hours will then apply the week starting 30th June.

30/06 – 6/07
    · Funiculaire 9 am to 5 pm
    · TSD Cachette 9:15 am to 12:50 am and 1:20 pm to 4:50 pm

1/06-6/07
    · Lonzagne 9 am to 12:15 am and 1:15 pm to 6 pm
    · TSD Vallandry 9 hours to 12:45 am and 1:15 pm to 4:50 pm

There are no speciali discounts for any groups and this is all open to the public with everyone welcome to come and ride not only Les Arcs, but in Vallandry.

Hope that has cleared up some confusion for some people. These are official times from Les Arcs information.

Any more questions then feel free to contact me at mansell@themountainbikechalet.com

scottfitz
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Mansell, Great help.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The stuff outside of the Les Arcs resort is awesome too – just need to find yourself a guide and a van driver!!

mansell
    Free Member

Correct Mike. Fantastic trails littering the Tarentaise and Savoie regions. Either a lighter bike to pedal around or some uplift driving can let you access them all.

toddmac1
    Free Member

mainmonkeyking,

Quick topic question – I’m thinking of heading to Les Arcs for the first time this year. Previoulsy ridden Morzine, Morgins, Chatel etc.

I’m a bit worried that Les Arcs won’t offer the same adreneline kicks from jump, drops, gaps etc. What do you think?

Bike wise I’ve got an Intense Slope Style and stick a pair of Totems on the front for Alpine shenanigins…is that overkill is Les Arcs

How was the SS for Les Arcs?
    I am headed there in a few weeks and can’t decide between the SS and a Turner 5 Spot.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Les Arcs warning’ is closed to new replies.