Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Leominster and Long Mynd
  • BillMC

Staying in Leominster next weekend. Can any kind soul recommend a ride around the Mynd and/or anything around Leominster.

flatwarwick
    Free Member

I’m sure somebody will suggest a good route on the Long Mynd soon enough but can i recommend not staying in Leominster! I grew up there and apparently its got worse since then. For your own sanity and safety find somewhere else!

BillMC

Thanks for the advice. We’re elderly rottweilers so we might enjoy the challenge. Thanks for the link, we’ll do one of those as well.

molgrips
    Free Member

Also check out Mortimer Forest near Ludlow (about 10 miles away so rideable). You’ve got the forest on one side of the road and a load of riding in Bringewood as well on the other side of the road. Closer to Leominster there’s Bircher Common but it’s a bit fiddly to find routes if you don’t fancy a good long look at the maps.

You’re as far from Rhayader and some of the best classic riding in the country as you are from the Long Mynd. Long Mynd is pretty good too tho but it’s more a collection of superb descents and steep climbs strung together than all day epic stuff.

I also grew up in Leominster 🙂

Epic
    Free Member

I’d second Ludlow – just one train stop up from Leominster. Mortimer forest and Bringewood are great fun. Croft Castle/Bircher Common area can be linked up to the Mortimer Forest for a nice big ride with a cafe stop at Croft Castle too 🙂 See my route below. I’d offer to show you round but only just coming back from injury, so can’t ride too far:

Epic
    Free Member

BillMc (or anyone else), just email me at benwilliams70 at googlemail do com if you want a JPEG of this route or some others around Ludlow or Church Stretton.

Epic

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

You can also try this http://www.roughrides.co.uk around the Kington area.

Epic
    Free Member

Nice anti-clockwise Church Stretton/Long Mynd/Stiperstones route:

molgrips
    Free Member

Epic, are you Ben Williams ex- Climb on Bikes?

Epic
    Free Member

Might be 😉 Who’s askin’?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m also Ben, friend of a lad called Ian that you know. I’m the one who supposedly forgot the tent poles at that Lakes Polaris I think you were at.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Leominster and Long Mynd’ is closed to new replies.