Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Leogang – Anyone been ?
  • dnhross

We were thinking of going this summer in the camper. Has anyone been? What did you think of it, would you recommend it?

Anyone got any info on campsites there?

All info gratefuuly recieved

David

dropoff

Overwhelming replies 🙂 My mate says it sounds great.!!!

dnhross

Your mate must be a very good judge of things !

GEDA
    Free Member

I thought you had spelt Legoland wrong but I assume you don’t mean that.

devs
    Free Member

I’ve skied there. The bike park looked a bit rickety but the uplift and hills appear on the face of it to be brill. You have a huge area to play in with Saalbach and Hinterglemm jst over the hill. Personally, from a party animal viewpoint I would stay up in Hinterglemm. They have the Adidas slopestyle course pretty much permanently set up there too with a bigger variety of lifts.
    It’ll be fun no matter!

topangarider
    Free Member

Legoland?

No

Elbows

Leogang is pretty good, the top half of the course is singletrack coming onto the ski piste in places then the bottom half is either a fast singletrack/fireroad descent or the world cup downhill course – lots of 2-3m high jumps and doubles. There is a slopestyle course at the bottom of the DH course and a 4X course.
    The guys in the shop there are very helpful and give lessons. Last time I was there was for the opening event last June and people were camping in the car park.
    I also agree with the above comment, the riding from Saalbach-hinterglemm is also very good. The best time is to be there during the Harley Davidson rally, Saalbach is a closed valley and they buld beer tents over the high street and there are bikes doing burnouts etc in the tents/high street!
    If you are driving down, look at Oberammergau which is between Augsburg and Garmisch, they have a course that is used in the German nationals. It’s only 400m drop, but has some good north shore drops.

devs
    Free Member

I’ve skied at Oberammergau too. I didn’t realise they did mtb there. I can see a summer road tour coming on.

AndyA
    Free Member

Spent a week in leogang with a few mates in june 07. Elbows described the main trail pretty well, but we ended up exploring the hills around Leogang and Saalbach more often as there’s really only a couple of runs in Leogang itself and the novelty wore off after not to long. The main trails are lift accessed, which is good. Personally i’d go elsewhere if i was heading back that direction as i’d want a bigger variety of trails, plus in the evenings the place is dead. We found a couple of good natural trails by ourselves, but i’d imagine if you had a guide/local they could show you alot more unmarked trails. Saying that, its def worth checking out if you’re in the area. Sorry i can’t shed any light on the camping as we stayed in a chalet.

Evesie
    Free Member

Spent a couple of days riding round the area in August last year when out there on a work trip. Agree with Elbows that Saalbach-Hinterglem would be the place to base yourself. We pedalled over to Leogang from S-H which is a fantastic xc ride, good views & some great ST & downhills. The was some very scary looking huge wooden ramps on a new course which was not yet open in the S-H valley. This may be running now if you go for that type of stuff. There’s a few marked routes in the S-H valley, but some good offpiste stuff too. There’s also some good stuff near Kaprun. An English lad in the bike shop gave us some hints on routes & there was a weekend of bike events on, lifts were available too if you don’t like ups. Leogang course was very rough & rooty in places, I was a bit under-biked on my short travel xc bike. Brakes & arms were suffering a bit in places. Have fun!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Leogang – Anyone been ?’ is closed to new replies.