Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)
  • Lego – in't it brilliant
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

i am at my mums house clearing the loft out and have got all my old lego trains trucks cranes etc out, have spent the last couple of hours rebuilding some of it with an immense feeling of satisfaction :mrgreen: i have even got so carried away i have bought the retro fire station off ebay much to the disappointment of the wife 😆 She doesn’t get it but she is a girl after all 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I found a box full of my old Lego round my mum’s house recently. I contained this:

(Not the box, just the Legos) It’s sitting built up on top of the stereo. Loads of other bits too. Apparently there might even be more tucked away somewhere. 😀

Lego is probably the best toy ever.

robdob
    Free Member

My dad threw ours away. 🙁
    I loved Lego. I am quite jealous now!! [off to look at eBay now!)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Lego’s great until you tread on it with bare feet at 2 in the morning in your kid’s bedroom! 😈

robdob
    Free Member

Never liked the medieval stuff, too many special pieces you couldn’t use or anything else. Space stuff was worse though.

LeeW

I remember buying and building the Lego Tyrannosaurus Rex with my stepdaughter a few years ago, we spent ages building it up and it was worth it because it looked brilliant. I came home from work the next day and found she had broken it down and built something else, I was gutted.

I haven’t played with it since, it still hurts too much.

IA

she had broken it down and built something else

But that is exactly the fun of Lego. It’s there to be built, and rebuilt, and rebuilt…

matth75
    Free Member

I just got ours back from the attic the other week, old technical lego car, tractor, pneumatics stuff, all totally brilliant & some in boxes but my lads more interested in his Playstation 🙁 so it’s now up to me to build it! 😀

chorlton
    Free Member

Technic stuff was best. Like the car I built. 🙂

Cougar

I still have that. Also, its predecessor.

I’m not usually one to pick up on grammar and typos, but if you pluralise “lego” as “legos”, I will come knocking on your door with a pair of bombers.

LeeW

IA – Member

she had broken it down and built something else

But that is exactly the fun of Lego. It’s there to be built, and rebuilt, and rebuilt…

After we’d built it we had the idea of a mini photo shoot, with Lego Darth Vader, R2D2 etc.

Can’t do that with a half built crocodile. 😥

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Lego is ace. My 10 year old is probably at the peak of lego desire & construction, our cupboard under the stairs is full of the stuff!

My biggest retro-want is currently Bigtrak, and my biggest retro loss would be all the Star Wars original figures way back from 1977 – all binned by my father not that long ago on one of his frequent attic clearouts 👿

Lego’s good, but Meccano’s better. 😉

stumpyjon

I’m not usually one to pick up on grammar and typos, but if you pluralise “lego” as “legos”, I will come knocking on your door with a pair of bombers.

+1

That car was ace, working rear diff and everything. I’ve still got all my lego in the attic plus some I bought as an adult…

and this

are in my study 😳

Really wanted one of these

some people do take it rather seriously though

and

IA

+2. And not small bombers, i’d be breaking out the monster Ts.

After we’d built it we had the idea of a mini photo shoot, with Lego Darth Vader, R2D2 etc.

Can’t do that with a half built crocodile

That makes it even better. Clearly Vader has just cleaved the crocodile in two with his light sabre!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

One Lego, many Legos.

Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos Legos.

Legos.

So there.

Bring it on; if you come anywhere near me, I’ll throw poo in your faces. And send you fleeing crying like little girls. Don’t give it.

robdob
    Free Member

Bring it on; if you come anywhere near me, I’ll throw poo in your faces. And send you fleeing crying like little girls. Don’t give it.

Oh cack, munchkin rage!!! Run for the hills! 😉

IA

I’ll throw poo in your faces. And send you fleeing crying like little girls.

See you’ve warned us now, we’ll wear some sort of protective eyewear.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“too many special pieces you couldn’t use or anything else”

That’s the key – imagination works best when it builds complex objects out of standard units.

An Meccano is better because the structures are strong under tension as well as compression.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’ve just reacquanited myself and introduced my lad to it over our holiday at a park whihc had a lego room – I forgot how addictive and satisifying it is to play/work with (perhaps a result of being a desk jockey at work?) I’ve gotta hunt around the loft for all my old stuff tomorrow 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Used to love Lego, haven’t touched it for years though 🙁

joemarshall
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5YuXrDez40[/video]

This thing that I Hacked together at work actually has quite a bit of lego in the control system. And gaffa tape. It looks fearsomely shonky in the flesh.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

There’s a couple of boxes of the stuff in the attic at home home. If I make it big in the science world my house WILL have a lego room 😛

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

tomdebruin
    Free Member

If someone says Legos again I will ban you for 49 years.

It is Lego.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member
    bassspine
    Free Member

LEGO I could cut n paste it a few hundred times. LEGO. Singular and plural.

jacko54321
    Free Member

most fun with just the orginal blocks, 2×3 , 2×1, 6×1, 2×2, 2×1. imagination’s what you need to be a lego builder !

Ambrose

I spent my first ever pay on Lego- the Technic fork lift truck. My Lego was then passed on to my kids and we now have masses of the stuff. But still nowhere near enough.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If someone says Legos again I will ban you for 49 years.

😆

djglover
    Free Member

I had loads of the old technics stuff, but I always called it technical lego
    Including this

And this

My mum said it was worth its weight in gold. Of course it wasn’t long until I discovered ****, drugs, drink and sex though. Much to her disdain.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Djglover you are obsessed with ****! Again and again with the ****! That must be bout the eighth time you’ve mentioned it in the last couple of days! 😯

😆

djglover
    Free Member

Focus on the lego the drugs and the sex then. I am.

Crell
    Free Member

I loved space lego when I was a kid. As my kids got older I raided my dad’s loft and got all my old lego out for them. In amongst it all was my “LL928”, my pride and joy. Its since been “modified” in to a series of smaller “space ships” and piles of lego. It’s brill.

Ambrose

OOOOOOHHHH- I think I had that too, with the fiunky yellow windows. Wasn’t Space 1999 at its height around about then? I had red spacemen too, and yellow ones as well.

cotic853
    Free Member

Animated lego is something I never had but try these
    Lego production line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3AcPEPbH0
    Lego car chase

bensales
    Free Member

LL928!

I remember building that with my Dad one Christmas when I was about 4 or 5. I’m now 34 :-). My lad is 1.5 and already hooked on Duplo!

I’m looking forward to the next ten years of Lego again.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wanted that LL928 set, but had to make do with the smaller LL 918.

Still loved it though, and I hope it’s in with the the missing bits.

What I did find was the 314 police Boat. A very early set, this, from 1976. With the much simpler non-posable figures.

The earliest set I had was a tiny bungalow in white with red windows and door, and blue cyclindrical pillars and chimney. Probably a late 60s set. Can’t find any pics of that one though.

allthegear
    Free Member

I came across this recently – amazing lego thing with Rubik’s Cube thrown-in:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFb4pqAUd8[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 123 total)

The topic ‘Lego – in't it brilliant’ is closed to new replies.