Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Leg-warmers…..
  • atpenergi
    Free Member

That dont slip down and also that don’t have annoying zips at the bottom.

Any recommendations?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I use Endura ones and work fine for me 😀

Adders

Endura FS260.

james
    Free Member

I use the cheaper of the Endura ones, thermolite? anyway not the FS260 ones

I find if I overlap the legwarmers with my lycra (under/bib) short maybe a couple of inches they never slip down. If the leg warmers go over the lycra they always slip down
    I like the zips to zip down over my waterproof socks and stop water getting inside them

tbh, unless its raining and cold, or sub zero I don’t use them (similar goes for my 3/4 thermolite bibs), they get too hot for me and I can feel I can’t get decent pedalling power
    In anythign above maybe 5deg C I use the knee warmer versions which I find don’t get anywhere near as hot, but keep my knees warm in any wind/rain and offer a teeny tiny amount of abrasion resistance in minor offs

sockpuppet

I know this a MTB forum, but I rate my assos legwarmers.

Worth the money

lucien

When this happens to me it tends to be becuase I’ve bought the wrong size or the gripper on my shorts isn’t tight enough to hold the leg warmer / knee warmer up.

Sometimes, just yanking them right up helps

cinnamon_girl

I don’t have a problem with zips – Gore work fine. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Sock puppet +1, the Assos ones are great.

whytetrash

Endura ones eat my legs…get a v nasty reaction to the silicone? gripper, actually blistered after a long ride so gave em away…worth bearing in mind if you are a bit sensitive like 🙁

MRanger156
    Free Member

Craft 3D.

DezB
    Free Member

You can’t beat Merino leg warmers. 2 pairs for £30 – Lab Gear.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Lusso – about £20, no zips, pretty warm, stay up fine.

Surfr
    Free Member

I borrowed my cousins Lusso knee warmers on the weekend and they were superb. But they are a knee warmer as opposed to a leg warmer so the lower leg is not catered for.

DezB
    Free Member

Had my Lusso leg warmers for about 15 years. Roubaix ones, so they are very warm, but they definitely still do them.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Another vote for Lusso Roubaix ones here. Had mine for years.

bob_summers

If they slip down, try growing some quads and then shaving them 😈

bazza17
    Free Member

What are leg warmers? 😯

njee20
    Free Member

My Lusso ones are crap, don’t stay put, baggy on my calves too, would suggest they are maybe suitable for those with ‘larger’ legs, the Assos are more ahem fitted. YMMV of course.

elaineanne
    Free Member

Endura fine for me 😉 they have that silicone band around the top of leg warmer to stop them from falling down.

ps : bazza17 …. they arent the leg warmers that you may be thinking of from the early 1980,s you know (lol) then again maybe your too young to remember those even,, 😉

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

X Bionic, plenty of compression helps hold them up

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Leg-warmers…..’ is closed to new replies.