Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lefty Hub seal?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

Are there any UK stockists of Lefty Hub seals – the only ones I can find in stock seem to be over in Germany ( postage + a minimum order are bumping up the cost a bit )

peteimpreza

It might help if you tell us who you have tried in the UK .

Cannondale spares stock in EU and UK at the moment is virtually non existent with only vague promises of slow boats from Taiwan to replenish .

stevied
    Free Member

Have you tried Qwerty Cycles?

peteimpreza

Qwerty are OOS

disco_stu
    Free Member

I’ve tried the UK ones that popped via a google search – Qwerty and Triton Cycles.
    Edit – Also can’t see them listed on http://www.cannondalespares.com/ but will drop them an email to see if they have any.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Interestingly I had this reply from Cannondalespares.com

Unfortunately these are not something that we can get. These are not essential to the hub and most people choose to remove these.

Is anyone else running their Lefty hubs without the dust seal? I can’t imagine that this is a good idea given the mud/rain/grime we get in the UK.

amedias
    Free Member

Is anyone else running their Lefty hubs without the dust seal?

Yes, well no, not any more as I ordered some replacement seals a couple of months ago, but for the 9 years prior to that I’ve had 3 wheels running without them without issue. 2 of them fell out and I lost them, one I removed as it squeaked intermittently, and that made me grumpy.

There’s still the lip seal on the bearing, and once the wheels is seated properly the bearing is not in a particularly prone position so unless you’re regularly giving it a full dunking and not cleaning it’ll likely be fine.

You could try calling Tony Nunn at (formerly Thumbprint Tuning – not sure if his old number still works?) iBike Motion in Woodbury, Devon and see if he has any laying around.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They seemed to come with new bikes about 50% of the time (along with the prerequisite number of rotor bolts and various other bits) so I just took to making my own out of plastic bb30 spacers (of which there were always about 10 with every bike….even the non bb30 ones!!!).

clubby

disco_stu – Member

Is anyone else running their Lefty hubs without the dust seal? I can’t imagine that this is a good idea given the mud/rain/grime we get in the UK.

Mine came in the owners manual and not the wheel. Took the brake side bearing wearing out in just 6 months for me to realise what it was for. Fitted it when I changed the bearing and it’s still running fine for it’s new owner 3 years later.
    It’s just a right sized bit of thin plastic. As Rorschach says, you can make it yourself for nothing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lefty Hub seal?’ is closed to new replies.