Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lee Quarry – Latest?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not seen a thread about Lee Quarry lately so heres one.
    Just read on Ed-O's site that work is starting/started on the new stuff up there including a skills area, pump track and a red and black route in the next quarry over (which name I forget). Also mentioned was a volunteer trail building group – might be very interested in getting involved in that if its a weekend thing. Always wanted to help out at Stainburn but its a serious PITA to get to, even though its less than 20 miles away as the crow flies (still best part of an hours drive).

Anyone got anymore info? Ed? TonyL etc?

lowey

justme (graham) From here is volunteer warden up there at the moment. He said on Sunday that there had been nowt happening due to the snow, but things were now ramping up.

The other quarry is Cragg Quarry.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

He's now also involved in further developments at Gisburn, They had a site meeting last Sat with SingletrAction people (Stainburn/Dalby).
    Have you been to a dig day at Gisburn yet DBW? may be closer than Stainburn.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Cool! I remember them saying they were hoping to get the other quarry and link them up. Best of luck.

Andituk
    Free Member

TonyL has been posting info on BR here..

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12673916

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Gisburn ain't exactly local either (I'm in Halifax) so Lee Quarry is borderline. Liking the sound of the ex-quarry thats now dense woodland.

Woodland trails = the best!

justme
    Free Member

spoke to tony lund yesterday and ed's write up is pretty accurate
    theres all sorts of good things happening up there and in cragg also
    work has or is due to start with a vue to having it usable asap
    theres talk off volunteers being needed for trail building for those interested
    will email tony and ask him to post up in more detail g

justme
    Free Member

off up there in about 1 hr to see what carnage the snoww has inflicted on the trails g

justme
    Free Member

have started a new thread with the latest onfo g

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I was up there this morning, and it looks OK. The uphill bit from the seesaw was a bit squishy, but it is winter.

elaineanne
    Free Member

wheres cragg quarry then?,, if lee quarry is being linked to it…
    loved lee quarry last summer…im gona wait abit for it to dry out b4 i venture up there.. i sometimes ride over there from sunny Tod mor den , have a bash and back agin… phew aching legs then…

stumpyjon

Cragg quarry is about two miles to the west of Lee Quarry on the same ridge line (towards Rawtenstall). There's already some good riding there now and the Mary Townley Loop runs through the middle. Apparently Rowen got really excited when he first went up to scope it out.

All linked up should give people a decent length circuit.

Ed's been invloved at Gisburn too (like B.A.Nana said). Could be some good cross over between the two projects from a volunteer standpoint.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry – Latest?’ is closed to new replies.