Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lee Quarry?
  • jamie01
    Free Member

Just wondering whether it was technical or just another trail centre?

Drac

A fun play area I'd call it.

wors

Just wondering whether it was technical

yes it is. Not very long but good for sessioning to work on your skills.

robgarrioch

There's certainly some technical rocky descents, great when dry, a little sketchy if wet, + a good climb to start off. Like Wors says it's a short but fun lap. Some interesting looking features to explore too, if you've time.

Ben_Haworth

It's a fairly unique kinda place. Some people don't like/get it, other folks love it. It's well worth a visit if you don't live too far away IMO.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Technical and fun it certainly is. Best enjoyed in playful sections ridden a few times. There is plenty of challenge in finding good lines. Once you've ridden round it all you'll start to get your bearings and be able to short cut to your favorite bits.

jamie01
    Free Member

[It's well worth a visit if you don't live too far away]

its a 2hr journey for me but it was either lee quarry or chick sands but both are pretty much the same distance

wors

there is a couple of decent pubs that do food as well, the rose and bowl just down the rd and also found another last time i was up there, the crown inn on greave rd, just off todmorden rd the other side of bacup.

stumpyjon

To make it worthwhile why not combine it with a visit to Gisburn Forest, maybe do Gisburn in the morning, spot o lunch at the D & P in Tosside, 45 min drive down to Lee Quarry, play in the afternoon, cracking (but not cheap) chinese at the Red Chilli or decent and fairly cheap Italian from MArios (both just up the road in Bacup) or a Ginsters from th Coop and then tootle off home. If you would prefer a post ride pint you may be better doing it the other way around and finishing off at the D & P in Tosside (Bacup pubs ain't the nicest), only downside is I'm guessing a longer journey home.

lowey

I love the place, but I wouldn't drive 2 hours to get there.

justme
    Free Member

it can also be combined with other quarries in the area without to much difficulty.(local knowledge helps tho'). for food and a pint post ride theres the hargreaves arms also (just about 11/2 miles towards burnley from waterfoot)
    as jon says it can be combined with gisburn for an intence day

Ben_Haworth

How long does it take to get from Lee Quarry to Gisburn Forest? In my head it sounds like quite a long drive..

stumpyjon

45 mins if you know the route. Bacup – Weir, across Crown Point, right onto Manchester Rd, left at the lights onto Rossnedale Rd. Keep going to Padiham. in Padiham go right at the mini roundabout and up the hill. At the main road go right and then immediately left. Over to Sabden, up over Pendle and turn right when you hit the A59. Couple of miles on the A59, left turn to Sawley. Follow the road through Sawley, a couple of miles later there is a hidden left hand junction at a pub, go left. Follow this narrow lane up onto the moors and it drops you down on the otherside to Cocklett Hill carpark. That's the direct route, you can do it using bigger roads but it takes longer 😉

Just rememebr at no times show any weakness or indication of giving way on the narrow lanes or the oncoming traffic will force you into the hedge / ditch / drystone wall.

lowey

Not long mate, just up the A56. I reckon 30 mins.

TonyL
    Free Member

Working on an offroad route between Gisburn and Lee Quarry Pennine BW will soon go as far as Paythorne a few linking bits to do but it should make a good challenge ride!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry?’ is closed to new replies.