Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Leatherman – micra or squirt
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Which is most useful to stick on a keychain?

RustyNissanPrairie

I’ve had the same micro for approx 15years since buying it the States, would replace asap if I forgot to pack my keys in hold luggage.

Tweezers for pulling splinters & ingrowing hairs, small knife for opening taped boxes/parcels, scissors for cutting wife’s clothing tags/loose threads/pubic hairs, bottle opener for….. great little thing.

oink1
    Free Member

Plus one for the Micra 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Micra has great scissors. Probs some of the best on a multitool imho.

The Style PS is also a great little bit of kit. Or slightly more expensive and larger, the Juice S2.

CHB

I have the micra on two of my keyrings. Great scissors, rubbish knife, but I would replace in a second if I ever lost it.

geoffj

If you don’t need the pliers then why not just a small victorinox?
    I’ve got the small Gerber equivalent which is decent.

fieldini
    Free Member

If you want pliers then the squirt if not then the micra. I went with the squirt as a set of pliers was the only thing lacking in my ride toolkit. Came in handy the very next ride I went on sorting a bent chainring tooth.

scud
    Free Member

I don’t know, but if you are looking for a new pouch for it like i was for my Wave, don’t just type “Leatherman” into Google……..

redthunder
    Free Member

Dont forget the Swiss Army Knife.

I have one of these…did’nt pay that much though many moon ago.

https://www.victorinox.com/uk/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Medium-Pocket-Knives/Swiss-Champ/p/1.6795.T?gclid=CPrlkung5tACFZUYGwodyEMFIQ

Also, got the small version as well with blade and scissors.

mark90
    Free Member

I have both, Micra was on my keys for many many years (it’s old enough that it’s been through airport security pre 9/11), kids (wife) bought me a Squirt PS4 as a present a couple of years ago, been using that since. Not that it’s better, just different. The pliers are handy, especially on the bike, but the micra scissors are way better. So the answer to the question which is better, is the question do you want scissors or pliers (with very small shit scissors).

backinireland
    Free Member

Had the micra for years then lost keys a month ago which is why I was asking
    Micra turned up today!

My thoughts were
    Tweezers on micra get use
    Benefit of pliers on squirt, might substitute for tweezers for certain things
    Better scissors on micra
    Tools accessible from outside of squirt

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve had the same micro for approx 15years since buying it the States, would replace asap if I forgot to pack my keys in hold luggage.

+1 – had mine for about 10 years – use it daily.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Go Outdoors have the Gerber Vise and Mini Paramount knife combo on offer at £20 if any good?

nedrapier

Worth bearing in mind that the stainless Micra is smaller. The ano. coloured ones are the same stainless construction, but with an extra ally wrap.

Cougar

Go Outdoors have the Gerber Vise and Mini Paramount knife combo on offer at £20 if any good?

For the lazy,

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/gerber-vise-mini-paraframe-combo-p400336

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Leatherman – micra or squirt’ is closed to new replies.