Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Leaky bath tap
  • DT78
    Free Member

Another diy question.

Have a dripping bath tap on of those mixer types. Dripping from the spout. Is this a matter of replacing a washer or seal or do I need a new tap? How do you take them apart presume I have to take off the bath panel and remove from underneath?

Ideally I would like to repair bur don’t want loads of faff too many other jobs

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

More than likely the washer, you should be able to replace it in situ (just make sure you turn the water off at the stop tap obvs). Normally if you pop the top cap off the hot/cold taps you can dismantle from there.
    YouTube should have some vids on it.
    Good luck.

newrobdob
    Free Member

Most mixer taps have some sort of cartridge system nowadays, you might need to replace that. Google the make of the tap and go from there.

DT78
    Free Member

So after fiddling about with seals turns out the ceramic valve is gone.

Tried online searching for the part number but there seem to be several options all with the same part number. Visits to homepage and b&q have drawn a blank. If I remove the cartridge and take it with me to screwfix would they be able to order it for me?

Bs5412 l20 h

If not screwfix who else would you recommend?

dovebiker

I doubt you’ll get much joy at a big-shed DIY store – I’d try a plumber’s merchant. FWIW Screwfix and B&Q both owned by the same company.

tjagain

plumbline / plumbase seem to carry good stocks of stuff. Often the cartidges are generic.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Go to plumbers merchants (possibly several) and take the cartridge with you. Also take the part of the tap which attaches to the top of the cartridge with you. If plumbers merchants can’t give you an identical cartridge you will have to buy a new tap.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Go to plumbers merchants (possibly several) and take the cartridge with you. Also take the part of the tap which attaches to the top of the cartridge with you. If plumbers merchants can’t give you an identical cartridge you will have to buy a new tap.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Leaky bath tap’ is closed to new replies.