Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lazy dinners
  • timber

So, I’m left on my own in the house.
    All the things that you do on your own in a house are done.
    Then it was time for dinner, I am a perfectly competent cook, but just couldn’t be bothered. A quick browse of the cupboards…

Tonights dinner has been:
    Starters: Crumpets and marmite
    Main: Crumpets and poached eggs
    Pudding: Crumpets and marmalade

Was very nearly cake and rice pudding.

Anyone got any similar lazy, weird, meals?

sam_underhill

Not wierd, but faced with a similar situation tonight I had sausages and chips. In the oven, have beer, have another beer, take food out of the oven and eat with another beer. Excellent.

sam_underhill

Although usually in this situation I don’t have chips and just have sausages and beans. nommmmmmmmmmmmm.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yup Mr MC at work, me feeling under the waether, naff all on TV! Heinz tomato soup with Ryvita (stale!) and marmite, then apple and blackberry tart with fresh raspberries and natural yoghurt for pudding. Lazy dinners are nice for a change.

thegreatape
    Free Member

3 Pepperamis and a bag of Wine Gums.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The king of lazy dinners…

Beans on toast.

Bloody amateurs. 🙄

alpin
    Free Member

i’ve put the left over from yesterday into a sort of pasta/lasagne bake thing so when the GF gets home tomorrow i don’t have to waste time cooking…. so tonight it will be pancakes.

i got home late last saturday and had nothing in the fridge or cupboards other than a pack of ginger nuts…. that was breakfast, luch and dinner all in one sitting with a cup of tea….. i was like a kid in a sweet shop come monday… in fact most of what i bought was sugar based and lacking in nutrients…

LadyGresley
    Free Member

One of my favourite lazy dinners is grapes, cheese and Pringles 🙂

timber

sam – I hadn’t the attention span to safely do anything in the oven

mc – do ryvita go soft or harder with staleness?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Indeedy, same position me.. MrsBouy still UooopNorth, moi DarnSarf with empty fridge… Sooooooo…

Butterbeans steeped/fried in fresh garlic (bulbs last forever, almost) teaspoon of “lazy chillies”, frozen garden peas thrown in at the last but one moment, ginger, 2 shakes of mirin sauce, 1 soy shake, clean steamed sticky rice..

Max time 20mins which is just enough time to shower, open a bottle of white wine, PJ’s on and BBC4 Antartica – of ice and men.

Super simple and quick.

boxfish
    Free Member

Phone Chinese Takeaway.
    Answer door.
    Eat food.
    Burp.

timber

If you could get a takeaway delivered to mine it would be cold by the time it got here.

Quite like the bike buoy ad-hoc approach.

_tom_
    Free Member

Beans on toast or pasta with tuna, mayo, peas and sweetcorn. Or pasta with pesto, chicken, sweetcorn, peppers and peas.

downgrade
    Free Member

Salt and vinegar Pringles sandwich

Red sauce of course.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I phoned the chip shop to deliver this evening.

I had battenberg for tea last week.

chvck
    Free Member

Can’t get away with this sort of thing anymore as the gf won’t eat it. One of my worst attempts was pasta and gravy, that was awful!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lazy dinners’ is closed to new replies.