Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Laser printer toner – water resistant?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Bought some waterproof paper to print maps on, is laser toner water resistant too?

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Yes as almost all laser printers and photocopiers use toner which is basicaly plastic except for phazers and xerox colorcube which use wax.

Ensure your paper is compatable with laser printers/copiers otherwise you could cause serious damage to the machine.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

it is

Mikeypies
    Free Member

You will probaly do it anyway but I would do one first and test it out as the toner might not stick as well as it does to paper in the real world (in your pack,being folded and getting knocked around)

NZCol

Yeah watch out, i did a 24hr roagine and they hadn’t tested the maps, quite a few people ended up with large bits of the maps missing on foleded bits. I noticed it early and managed my map carefully but it got ugly with lots of people, erm, spaitally displaced !

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Not knocking your approach but as an alternative solution I use printed routes on regular paper but kept in a waterproof map case, never let me down although it will be a little bulkier than the single piece of paper option.

druidh
    Free Member

Get a mapcase. Ortlieb do the only one really worth having.

Flaperon

I put the wrong paper through a brand new colour laser printer back when they were HUUUUUUUUUGELY expensive. It took me a week to pick it off the drum and it was never the same again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Laser printer toner – water resistant?’ is closed to new replies.