Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Laptop wanted, drunken, mornonic mate help needed
  • Xylene
    Free Member

My mate, who is sat beside me and is close to getting abused, is trying to describe the laptop that he wants, can anybody point him in the right direction.

1. Lots of HDD space
    2. Plays music with decent quality from the laptop speakers
    3. Needs to do everything he wants when he wants it to…………dear god.
    4. Really doesn’t want to plug it into the external amp, as he has neighbours.

mboy
    Free Member

Budget would help…

thehustler
    Free Member

toshiba satelite pro range have harmon/kardon speakers built in for good sound, the rest is easy to find

Xylene
    Free Member

budget – £400 +-

thegreatape
    Free Member

Can you tell us a bit more about the needs of a ‘mornonic’ person? It’s not an affliction I’m familiar with.

molgrips
    Free Member

You won’t get decent sound from laptop speakers ever. My big laptop has some of the best speakers available, ‘subwoofer’ included, and it’s passable for TV and films but I would not listen to music on it unless I absolutely had to.

A better bet would be to get a normal laptop and one of these tiny portable plugin speaker units, or even just a subwoofer unit. Very small and bring things up to reasonable quality whilst still being a small portable quiet thing rather than a proper amp.

Although why doesn’t he just plug it into his amp and turn the sound down so it’s quiet?

Xylene
    Free Member

Bascially from what I can recall of the conversation he wants a laptop to listen to music on and surf the internet. He has a mac up stairs that he records his music and mixes on and is fed up carrying it downstairs to listen to it in the kitchen or living room.

He wants decent speakers built into it, lots of hdd space and reliable.

He wants the moon on a stick from the conversation last night, but would probably listen to sensible advice.

molgrips
    Free Member

There are loads of ways of listening to music from your laptop without having to get a whole new laptop. Loads of devices that you plug into your stereo (or that have their own speakers) that will connect to your wifi and play music from there.

Roberts, Pure and co make radios with wifi in them – which means you can either stream the music from your laptop or listen to all sorts of radio from around the world over the ‘net. I think they are ace. Or you can get something to plug into your stereo.

You can also get a bluetooth receiver for your hifi that supports the audio protocols – they were about £15 on offer when I looked last.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=belkin+bluetooth+audio&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15266874905710473527&sa=X&ei=GOZhTs2hNIHChAfGm8yiCg&ved=0CF8Q8wIwAw

captain-slow
    Free Member

…what he wants is an ipad

igmc…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Plays music with decent quality from the laptop speakers

Not possible.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Laptop wanted, drunken, mornonic mate help needed’ is closed to new replies.