Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • laptop help
  • mav12
    Free Member

hi guys i need help i have just installed windows xp on a tosh satelitite pro a a210
    it had vista previous, problem i am having is it wont reboot shows the toshiba screen then the win xp screen then goes back to the tosh screen and so on i can start it in safe mode

any ideas could it be a sata drive would i be able to bnoot in safe mode if this was the case

thanks

z1ppy

hit f8 (constantly tapping) as/after the tosh splash screen initally appears, or press escape or tab will sometime clear it, and then show the normal boot process (& then press f8)

z1ppy

sata drivers tend to want to be loaded at the start of the XP installation (press f6 to load drivers message).
    There are also normally options in the bios to disable some ata options, which may allow XP to boot – buggered if I can remember or do a search now, the dog wants a walk….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

By “just installed” you mean the install completed?

You might need to disable EHCI in BIOS, or enable IDE Compatibility Mode (same thing, different terminology) (I suspect this is what z1ppy is alluding to).

Is it a known good copy of XP or some dodgy download you torrented last week? If the latter, all bets are off.

mav12
    Free Member

thanks zippy that seems to have sorted it set it to last known working config and it seems ok strangley i didnt see it asking for a sata driver during installation and ther is nothing in the bios to change or disable

pretty sure it is a sata

it is a good copy of xp i am using it on another pc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘laptop help’ is closed to new replies.