Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Laptop doesn't "recognise" my camera
  • vegasdave
    Free Member

Camera is a Canon Eos 100D.Bought it second hand and I’ve lost the disc that accompanies it.
    Didn’t have any problems uploading photos,until now. Plug in the camera via USB port and nothing appears on the computer screen. Tried a Card reader-same result.
    Tried it on my mate’s computer and it works fine.
    He said to go onto the Canon site and download the relevant stuff,but I can’t get it to work,because I’ve never run the disc in the computer.
    If you had’t already guessed,I’m hopeless with computers..

project
    Free Member

Got the same thing with my mini cameras, one works ok one doesnt.

vegasdave
    Free Member

My compact Olympus works fine….it’s driving me nuts!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Can understand why it won’t see the camera without the EOS disc, but card reader should be ok

Does it see the reader or just not see the files on the card when inserted?

Have you tried a different USB port?

stavromuller
    Free Member

Try the canon website, you may be able to download a driver, it worked for my s/hand printer

davidjones15
    Free Member

I don’t understand why the card reader won’t work either, unless the card has nothing to read on it. 😕
    I had the same where the camera wouldn’t connect but the photos showed on the camera and eventually were tranferred using a card reader, the card worked fine after that. Try down loading to your mates computer, clean the card and try again.

vegasdave
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice,will give it a go.

takisawa2

Had an issue like this at work once. The pc was trying to assign a drive letter that was already in use. Was a few years ago, probably in XP. Have you got any other devices plugged in ?

And the obvious one, the camera is switched to the right mode I take it…

avdave2

My Sony camera stopped working with my eee pc netbook for no apparent reason. I can connect to anything else but not it. It sees it but says the card is not formatted and I’ve tried a couple of different cards with the same result.

martinxyz
    Free Member

For my fuji camera I havent bothered downloading or running fuji finepix software. I just plug it in and open up the files. You shouldn’t have to go to the Canon site to get a download to view the files.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Laptop doesn't "recognise" my camera’ is closed to new replies.