Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • laptop carrying
  • niallmb
    Free Member

Hey all,

I’ll start with a confession, I’m a fully paid up card holding member of both the ‘apple products are my life’ and the ‘Johnathan Ive is my design hero’ clubs

So recently I’ve got rid of the car and started to commute by bike. I now however find myself with a dilemma. As of next week, I’m going to have to start transporting my beloved MacBook pro (my precious) around with me. I’m not massively keen on just chucking it in a backpack and presuming it’ll be fine. So….

Anyone got any recommendations for laptop transport when on a bike? are there good laptop carrying backpacks out there that you could comfortably ride with or am I doomed to join the panier brigade?

all suggestions welcome (although not all will be used!!)

IA

Put it in a neoprene case and chuck it in your bag, I did this for years.

Panniers take the weight of your back, which is nice, but rattle the laptop round more. I put a bit of foam in with it to stop it rattling so much when I did that. It survived fine.

Pro-tip: buy a 2nd charger so you have one for home/office. Saves carrying something awkward shaped, and helps stop you forgetting it.

niallmb
    Free Member

thanks IA

foam idea sounds like a winner as does the charger, although chances are that by 2 my work charger would have disappeared and I’d be back to carrying one in!!

now, anyone got any good rucksack recommendations?

pdw
    Free Member

I’ve always rated Deuter rucksacks. Have a Trans Alpine 30 which has carried my MacBook Pro daily for the last 4 years, and a PowerBook before that.

I’ve recently switched to using panniers as my commmute’s about to double in length, and laptop + change of clothes + pump/multitool/etc gets pretty heavy.

Second the idea of getting two chargers – repeatedly wrapping and unwrapping the wires of an Apple charger around the little ears will result in the wire failing where it comes out of the charger.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I use a a Camelback D.A.W.G rucksack and use the bladder compartment to transport a MacBook Pro (its the perfect size!)…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘laptop carrying’ is closed to new replies.