Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lapierre BB
  • jowdak
    Free Member

Has anyone fitted the american “enduro” type press fit BB to their Spicy\Zesty and was it worth it.
    Thanks Jowdak

nasher
    Free Member

The proble m with the lapierre press fir BB is not the qulaity of the BB it is the fact than when you wash your bike water gets trapped in the BB shell ansd slowly eats away at your BB….i know as i have 5 of these bikes to service…

however i have heard good things about the enduro BB and make sure after washing your bike you remove the seat post and hang it upside down

cheers_drive

I’ve had an Enduro one fitted since June and it’s going fine but haven’t been on any really wet rides in that time. The standard XTR one lasted a year with some regreasing but as nasher said lots of water gets in the frame when riding and washing so draining it is necessary.

jowdak
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, did you get the enduro one from the States?

vikingboy
    Free Member

ive had one in for a few months, going strong so far and spins better than the XTR one the frame came with. I ordered from the US directly.

AndyA
    Free Member

Are they straight forward enough to replace?

rbrstr
    Free Member

does the spicy/zesty have the screw on cable guide on its BB? if it does, like the x control,fixed on with a philips screw, i drilled a 2mm hole through it as a drain hole. havent buggered a press fit bearing since doing this.

millcar
    Free Member

rbrstr

I have recently got mysel an x-control so interested in your fix.

Are you saying you have removed the screw on the cable guide and drilled though the screw hole to create the drain?

Sorry for being dim but it sounds like a good idea i dont want to do wrong!

Cheers

taxi25
    Free Member

I ordered one of these from here.
    http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id256.html

On the 10/10/10 and it came today. I didn’t get charged duty or vat either so it was a lucky day for me.

I’m just waiting on this now
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?productcode=36694
    So I can fit it.
    The original isn’t worn out, but it’s a bit creaky and with my upgraditis I had to change it.

rbrstr
    Free Member

Millcar, exactly that yes. I screwed a spare nut on to stop it spinning in the vice and knackering the threads and drilled the centre out to 2mm.
    if you balls it up first time, any 5mm threaded bolt will do,spare bottle cage bolt etc

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 for removing seatpost and allow to drain Zesty 714. Strange they never identified this weakness in their design to an otherwise superb bike. Guess its a small price to pay.

thepurist

I swapped Mrs P’s knackered original BB to the Enduro one on the Zesty – removed the old one using percussive maintenance techniques rather than the Park tool tho.

FWIW she’d suffered from the chain dropping off into the gap between the granny & the ISCG tabs, and it can be a mare to get out of there if it wedges in place. So while I had the cranks off I fitted a couple of M5(IIRC) cap headed machine screws which do the perfect job of filling the gap so the chain can’t get in there any more, but there’s enough clearance to the granny so there’s no interference.

IamSam
    Free Member

Sorry for the resurrection.

I’ve got a zesty that has the common problem of filling with water that then gets in to the BB and head set and eats them, really like the sound of rbrstr’s fix and will give this a go, but has anybody worked out how and where the a water is getting?? I’ve tried the bit of inner tube around the top of the seat tube but waters still getting in somewhere.

Could it be the bolt thats to be drilled for the fix, or possibly the bottle cage bolt on the down tube. Who thought that was a good idea :?.

taa Sam

IamSam
    Free Member

Its going to rain tomorrow and I’m out on the bike so, BUMP

5thumbs
    Free Member

Hmm just a thought – why not spray some waxoyle down the seat tube to prevent the ingress of water from corroding the BB? Works a treat on my old classic car bits…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre BB’ is closed to new replies.