Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lamb to be served with… what?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

Mint chutney? Let me have your ideas and recipes, please!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I coat a boneless shoulder joint with a mix of herbs spices and olive oil, seal it and roast for 20 min on 250 and 3 hr on 150. Gives a wonderful soft meat. I just had this tonight with asparagus, gravy and rosemary roasties.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Don't forget to sprinkle fresh rosemary on the meat before it goes in the oven.

I'm not a fan of garlic on lamb though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pitta bread, salad, chilli sauce.

END OF THREAD.

CaptJon
    Free Member

fry off some red onions and garlic, add some chopped tomatoes, and then some borlotti beans, squirt of ketchup and some Worcestershire sauce, salt to season… simmer for a bit – delicious with lamb steaks and maybe some sauteed potatoes.

Kuco

If it's a good quality joint I don't actually like anything on it while cooking. I'd much rather have some sauce on the side and enjoy the natural taste of the meat, especially lamb.

Shackleton

Samphire goes rather well with lamb and mutton. Any of the above also sounds rather nice!

samuri
    Free Member

Pitta bread, salad, chilli sauce.

END OF THREAD.

Yeah but you have to get everyone who is eating it, absolutely bladdered beforehand to ensure the experience is complete. 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Bearnaise sauce works well.

simonjf63
    Free Member

Whole shoulder, seared in hot oil, onions, garlic and a selection of root veg, herbs from your garden with half a bottle of wine (red or white depending on your preference), cover with foil and three hours at around 150. Falls off the bone, superb taste.

john_drummer
    Free Member

a nice dark gravy made with port or red wine, and redcurrants or redcurrant jelly. serve with mashed potato, roasties & in season veggies, garnish with some more redcurrants

If we hadn't had a nice piece of topside earlier i'd be making myself hungry 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but you have to get everyone who is eating it, absolutely bladdered beforehand to ensure the experience is complete

And what, pray tell, is the problem with that? 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lamb to be served with… what?’ is closed to new replies.