Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • +++LAKELAND VIDEO+++
  • Yorkshire_Lad
    Free Member

Hello,

Little video I put together from the weekend past in the Lake District. Wanted to get more footage but I was having too much fun riding my bike down some hardcore tracks.

Hope you enjoy.

organic355
    Free Member

Nice.

What mix of radiohead was that?

Is that stuff after 3:00mins doable on a hardtail?

grumm
    Free Member

Where is that? Can't seem to recognise it in my flu-riddled haze. 🙂

There's nothing in the Lakes that you can't do on a hardtail imo – I've done almost all the rides I do in in Lakes on my Pitch on my old Hardrock as well, you just have to go a lot slower. 😛

Pook

Really nice this Rich – looks like some nice riding too. What camera have you used to get the shots? what editing package?

I just need a decent camera (with a viewfinder) and a decent edit package to sort my videos out!

shredder
    Free Member

Excellent captures how I feel about Lakeland riding. As above where is that ?

SimpleDumbPilot
    Free Member

The mountain toward the end is Helvellyn, the earlier stuff in/around Grisedale.
    Another slick vid Rick!

bialled_dikes
    Free Member
    Cammer
    Free Member

tring to figure out whereabouts in Grizedale that narrow singletrack is

anybody?

vondally
    Free Member

excellent……..again what camera did you use?

grumm
    Free Member

Canmer is it maybe the bit between the Saw Mill and Low Dale Park? You climb up out of the saw mill then there's a narrow bit of singletrack before you come out onto a fireroad – you can carry on across then turn right to go to Low Dale Park.

I think…

haddock
    Free Member

Nice, like the one of Hebden bridge too! and dammit Grumm youve got me looking at maps now, I should be asleep.

Cammer
    Free Member

You could be right Grumm, never thought of that area. Just don't recognise the fence on the right at the bottom.

grumm
    Free Member

On second viewing – I don't recognise the fence either. 😕

Richyb
    Free Member

Very good mate. Jealous!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I enjoyed that

Yorkshire_Lad
    Free Member

Hello All,

I will try answer all the questions. First of all thanks for the nice comments.

-Right then the track is 'Everything In Its Right Place' by Radiohead and its of the album Kid A
    -I use a Panasonic HDC-SD20 and edit it in IMovie 09
    -Singletrack is from the top of the Saw Mill climb towards Grizedale forest
    -Track after 3 mins is of the top of Helvellyn back towards the National Trust car park on the A591. It's steep in parts with massive rocks. You could probably get down on hard-tail but I would suggest having a relaxed front end.
    -Lakeland did ask me to do a video but I told them 'Look I'm a shredder if you want to put some hardcore riding on your website then thats okay'

Hopefully more videos coming soon.

Ta'ra

Richyb
    Free Member

OMG LOL!!!

Yorkshire_Lad
    Free Member

Richyb why OMG LOL? We are all shredders.

ton

who is the gays in the full face helmets…… 😆

Pook

YL – if you're Yorkshire based, fancy getting together to film a decent biking vid – proper set ups and the like? Me and Haddock are hoping to do something better than my efforts so far here

ton

yeah, and i can be the model rider……… 😉

mojo5pro
    Free Member

another good vid..especially liked the Hebden Bridge one.

Yorkshire_Lad
    Free Member

Ton you could be our Model, I've seen you pull whips and backflips. Bearing in mind the rocks in the lakes are the size of you, I needed a full face to protect myself.

Pook thats not a bad idea, however it may be better to do something proper in spring when it's not as cold.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Track after 3 mins is of the top of Helvellyn back towards the National Trust car park on the A591

ie Wythburn 🙂 [the carry from Hell]

-Singletrack is from the top of the Saw Mill climb towards Grizedale forest

Phew, for a moment there I thought I didn't know it! We don't go that way often.

This looks like Titty's track to me:

ie BW down to VC from top of Lawson Park track

PS that camera has quite obvious vignetting (dark edges) …

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘+++LAKELAND VIDEO+++’ is closed to new replies.