• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ton.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Lakeland Cheekyness – anyone done this track ?
  • lowey

Thinking of using this to connect Boredale Hause and the Knott.

Walked it many years ago, but cant remember what it was like. Has anyone er, 'got lost' and rode it ?

ton

lowey, thanks for the offer, cant make it sunday…brownie point building.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yes, I've not done it, but I'm told there's a good dose of vertigo at the top of a cliff near Angle Tarn :o)

lowey

Yeah I remember the cliff section from years ago. Its not that bad.

The second pic looks like the clincher James.

I think we may have a "navigational malfunction" when we are in that particular area.

lowey

lowey, thanks for the offer, cant make it sunday…brownie point building.

No worries mate.

pennine
    Free Member

Simon: I have a vague memory of a ride report going that way – AndyB I think.

james
    Free Member

Digging a bit further on geogrpah, there is also:

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

cherweeeTTTTT!

lyons
    Free Member

that looks great. I'd be careful about being too careful with the navigation if i were you…

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Yep I did it this year "when I was lost" ahem,Its best done from the Knott to Angle tarn,Depending on your choice of decent,Just after the Tarn keep on the higher path that heads around towards Place fell,when you get to roughly the number "5" at 567 on your map,Turn right off the track and follow the level path here, theres some exellent singletrack that heads around towards Bedafell and the long muddy/grassy decent to Dale Head.

This is probably a summer option as it gets very soft and wet up there!
    the lower path to Boredale Hause is also great singletrack with a couple of interesting rocky outcrops. Enjoy 😉

haddock
    Free Member

Anyone know what the BW that runs to Bedafell to Dale head is like?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

see my above thread Haddock 🙄

haddock
    Free Member

yep ta 😳

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Lost again in 2008 🙄

nbt

GaVgAs – Member

Yep I did it this year "when I was lost" ahem,Its best done from the Knott to Angle tarn,Depending on your choice of decent,Just after the Tarn keep on the higher path that heads around towards Place fell,when you get to roughly the number "5" at 567 on your map,Turn right off the track and follow the level path here, theres some exellent singletrack that heads around towards Bedafell and the long muddy/grassy decent to Dale Head.

This is probably a summer option as it gets very soft and wet up there!
    the lower path to Boredale Hause is also great singletrack with a couple of interesting rocky outcrops. Enjoy

That's good, because in a genuine navigational error a couple of years back, we once overshot the bridleway from Boredale Haus down to Rooking and ended up riding down the footpath. Best trail I've ever ridden, and links in nicely if you take the above trails in the direction Gavgas recommends 😀

lowey

Unfortunately, we would be getting lost on it going up. It looks a damn sight better than shouldering up the Knott though. I agree it looks an awesome track to get lost on coming down.

Sanny
    Free Member

That looks marvellous….I'm sure I will be getting lost there soon too……………..I also manged to get lost in the snow on Fairfield Horseshoe last December. There is some wonderful descending to be had there too….. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

TON – shame

ozzo
    Free Member

Can't actually condone using FP to ride on here as you usually get slagged off BUT on a "navigation error day" it was found to be an excellent track – better from the Knott end as it's generally downhill all the way.

ChrisE
    Free Member

We did it semi-legally. During Foot and Mouth only certain parts of the Lakes were open and then only accessing via approved points (where they had a warden, disinfectant etc). It was accepted that bikes were riding in these areas and using the approved accesses. We rode from the top of Garburn, over Yoke, High St, then down that to come out at the road (then back over the road to (freinds)Home (Windermere).

It was brill

C

ton

anyhow, i dont care cos it is gonna be sooooo windy on sunday, and you might get blown off the precipitous cliff…………. 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Lakeland Cheekyness – anyone done this track ?’ is closed to new replies.