Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Lake District riding?
  • Zukemonster
    Free Member

I’m going up to the Lake District for the next couple of weeks, and was hoping to get some riding in.

Anybody up that there that can point me in the direction of some group rides, night rides or who just fancies going out for a ride with me?

Otherwise I’ll be following my OS maps I guess, fun, but never the best way!

(Hmm still deciding on whether to bring my Five, or the Soul, Big earl wets are good for Lakeland stuff? or bring the Mud X’s?)

Z.

freeridenick
    Free Member

think you might need your skis from the middle of the week onwards looking at the forecast 😀

Zukemonster
    Free Member

one of these?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    djflexure

I noticed that Biketreks Ambleside advertise group rides on their website.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

There’s ridethelakes.co.uk but not many people are out at the mo. The snows mostly gone but there’s plenty of ice left 😯

lowey

Keswick Mountain Bikes do a ride Every Tuesday night starting at the Peddlar.

Take your lights and be prepared for an epic.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Wednesday nights? Bogtrotters

boxelder

Where you staying? Five or ht – both ideal. You’ll not need mud tyres.

tragically1969
    Free Member

For whats likely to be in condition for riding I would think the Soul would be the best bet, that’s what i ride anyway.

alwhit
    Free Member

buy this its lakes bible

null

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Take your lights and be prepared for an epic.

Fancy dress this week!!

If your in Keswick come along we will end up in the Bank tavern after where there are some good brains to pick

GaVgAs
    Free Member

We meet at 630 every Tuesday night at the Pedlar cafe in Keswick,Be prepared to carry….a lot,Hip flasks are optional,But do bring all the relevant gear for a high level mountainbike ride, you would be made very welcome.Manditory beer int pub afterwards,as mr smith says.

I noted

“some” good brains to pick

…lol

😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

absolutely Gav some of those guys are nutters, the rest are clearly insane!

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Thanks guys, this looks good.

Unfortunately I’m heading up tomorrow but would be very doubtful I’d make it up there and get my gear sorted to make a ride when I got there. (staying near a village called Rosthwaite, a few miles south of Keswick)

I’ll try and meet up with the Bogtrotters on Wednesday though, and a night ride with you guys next Tuesday would be ace! (have hip flask at the ready). I had a peek at ridethelakes too, so might post a message up there tomorrow.

Currently have 2 bikes out, soul needs a clean, but I’m edging that way… quick tyre change and I’m a goodun 😉

Looking forward to it!

Z.

boxelder

Rosthwaite is in the middle of the borrowdale bash. Plenty of riding nearby.

colin27
    Free Member

There’s a night ride from Biketreks on Tuesday nights, another on Thursday night but the location changes each week (check the website) and there’s normally some people on Sunday morning too. Most rides normally about 3 hours.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Managed to get up here in record time. So I’m in Keswick now with my soul in tow. Hope I’ve got enough wolly jumpers;).

boxelder

Hope I’ve got enough willy jumpers

😯

Beware Keswick

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Rofl too slow with my edit 😉

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

willy jumper?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

balls, too slow.

grumm
    Free Member

There’s a great techy descent on Borrowdale Bash that finishes up in Rosthwaite. Could be sketchy if it’s icy though.

Grizedale BWs are a good option especially if the weather’s crappy imo – lots of getout options and relatively sheltered/low level.

boxelder

I live near Keswick and may be up for a ride (dependant on Dad duties). Being a teacher, I’m on hols from Friday. Email in my profile if you fancy a guided ride around some lesser known treats.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good to see you out tonight, we will try and ramp it up a bit for next week!

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Great ride thanks, Mike and all the others. Definitely the most hospitable ride i’ve every been on. Hot mince pies, warm mulled wine, Sherry, and other hip flasks before during and at the top, stollen? (sp??), chocolates..nomnom. And then free beer and sandwiches at the pub after.

Turns out my willy jumper would have been quite suitable with the quality fancy dress riding going on!

I should return down south now and always keep this as the picture of a standard Lakes ride

Looking forward to a rerun next week!

@boxelder, sounds great I would definitely be up for that, I’ll send you an email now.

Planning to start exploring the Borrowdale bash tomorrow before the snow hits.

Z

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Lake District riding?’ is closed to new replies.