Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Ladybower/Win Hill track
  • will
    Free Member

Right the other day i went to find some new trails around Ladybower, found some crackers, but then i came across a brilliant one!

The location:

So Your on the Top of Win hill facing Sheffield/The lower Res, and then head back down a stone path, through a wooded area, then hit a Cross road and a fence. Now I’m not sure if your supposed to ride it, but you then go over the fence (though a gate) through a rough wooded section, looks like a stream of some sort, then come across another cross road, again go straight on, now it really gets interesting, to your right you have a little Vally with a stream running down. The path is very narrow, rocky, with some large drops in. It brings you out next to teh path across the lower dam.

Basically has anybody ridden the whole thing…I pussied out and only rode the top section, till i fell off, and pushed the rest, which was hard enough.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

will – common sense not a strong point eh? edit the post and keep it secret

peakmonster
    Free Member

Footpath!!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

some people are bloody dense! If you find/ride a footpath – keep **** quiet

racing_ralph
    Free Member

shouldn’t even be on the top of winhill on a bike

will
    Free Member

Ow 🙁

lol. Well there you go, Seen bikers on Win Hill before so always presumed biker friendly there.

Shall not do it again

AndyPaice
    Free Member

that is ramblers holy grail/sunday after dinner stroll. You’ll get no end of grief on there. There are ways over win hill without causing that much grief but all best avoided at weekends.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

will – learn to read a map numb nuts

will
    Free Member

Cheers guys lol…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

will – posts like this ruin it for local riders who know where and when to ride. if you find a good bit stfu!

BadlyWiredDog

Mind those roots 🙂

There’s been pics of this posted before, it’s not really a secret and anyway, it’s gnarly enough that it’s never going to be popular. Local trails for local people eh? There’s nothing for you here… 😐

racing_ralph
    Free Member

good point well made

will
    Free Member

racing_ralph – Member
    will – posts like this ruin it for local riders who know where and when to ride. if you find a good bit stfu!

Ok my mistake, but ruin for local riders? Of which i am one…

Anyway, think we should loose this thread in the depths of the STW archives… 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

you are from nottingham!

will
    Free Member

I live in Sheffield mainly, just Nottingham when i feel like it. Sheffield is rather local i would say.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

👿

will
    Free Member

😉

TinMan
    Free Member

You two going to kiss & make up?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

am i fu**

garethh
    Free Member

easy now, I seem to remember you organising a ride down Padley gorge at night – a SSSI and if I recall the top of burbage, definately not a bridleway!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

never went tho!!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

and i never broadcast the route down to locations/directions etc

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not burbage either

will
    Free Member

Ok…So i went out exploring, found a cool track and rode what i could. Yes i didn’t consult the map before i went down, but i caused no problems to anybody as the trail was empty. Just a mistake. Your not telling me if you noticed what looked a sweet trail you would think no, best not ride it, might be a footpath… Now i know i wont ride it again!

I think Ralph is a rambler secretly… 😉

steel4real
    Free Member

Looks pretty challenging I think there have been some photos on here last year;-

Parkin

garethh
    Free Member

Cheers Will, might go and have a look next time i’m up there.

therealhoops
    Free Member

is he talking about the Beast?

will
    Free Member

garethh – Member
    Cheers Will, might go and have a look next time i’m up there.

lol Great… 👿

will
    Free Member

therealhoops – Member
    is he talking about the Beast?

Nope. This trail actually doesn’t exist.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

its not the fact you rode it Will – fair play that you found it and all that. Sometimes just don’t broadcast it on the internet! Consult the map – if its legit tell all if not stfu

AndyPaice
    Free Member

" a SSSI and if I recall the top of burbage, definately not a bridleway! "

I don’t think that bikes on burbage will matter soon as it is becoming a playground for 4x4s now 🙁 there are deep 4×4 tracks off the houndkirk road on the footpath onto burbage top. Rangers will go ballistic when they see those!

garethh
    Free Member

Andy Paice: I saw the 4×4 tracks on houndkirk moor last week and I was sickened, the main track is also getting really chewed up. Some of the driving off the track and onto the footpath over to burbage south has absolutely trashed the previously small inconspicuous footpath, makes me really quite sad. The main track had actually deteriorated in the space of a week.

Will: I was actually being genuine and positive(if you assumed otherwise?)

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

4x4s and crossers have made a real mess of Houndkirk Moor and the surrounding area in the last couple of years. Really quite disappointing. I also hate the fact that they think they have ‘right of way’. Its the old addage might has right. In fact I was nearly knocked off my bike by someone opening their car door as I passed a parked 4×4 last summer. Unbelieveable.
    You’ll be pleased to know that while I was out there last Saturday morning I stumbled across 4 Police Officers on their trusty Police MTBs struggling in the icy conditions.
    One of them rode along with me for a while and he was telling me they were out there to stop 4x4s, crossers, etc and make them aware of where and where not they can ride. Quite pleased that someone is finally doing something about it. Unfortunately it will not stop motor vehicles using H’kirk Moor completely as I believe from the laws perspective it is classed as a road.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

it’s a byway I think, so they have the right to use the main track. The amount of 4×4 tracks going around puddles is amazing. you’d think they did not want to get the wheels dirty.

it is actually a SSSI where they are going off the main track, so there are serious criminal penalties to be used against them if someone (i.e. Sheff CC) can be arsed to enforce it. Think it is 2yrs prison and unlimited fine for deliberately damaging a SSSI.

will
    Free Member

racing_ralph – Member
    its not the fact you rode it Will – fair play that you found it and all that. Sometimes just don’t broadcast it on the internet! Consult the map – if its legit tell all if not stfu

Fair play mate. I agree i should have looked at the map, my error! So for people who would like to ride this, please don’t or i suspect you shall be chased by ramblers.

4x4s and Scramblers – I’m not even going to get started on these, and what they do. 👿

garethh – Member

Will: I was actually being genuine and positive(if you assumed otherwise?)

Ow, sorry thought you were having a laugh, yeh i would, but only if your not on your bike please!

steel4real
    Free Member

…or put photos of it in a mountainbiking magazine and your videos of riding it on the website of same magazine !!!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

…or put photos of it in a mountainbiking magazine and your videos of riding it on the website of same magazine !!!

eh?

will
    Free Member

Good job i don’t run a mountain bike magazine then isn’t it 😉

However i suspect that is a dig at a mountain bike magazine?

steel4real
    Free Member

It is.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

which and why/when/where?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Ladybower/Win Hill track’ is closed to new replies.