• This topic has 41 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Ladies perfume suggestions
  • rickon
    Free Member

Alright chaps.

My missus’ mum is looking to buy her some perfume for Xmas, a few small bottles (30ml ish), does anyone have suggestions for what’s nice this year; I’m a bit behind the times having been in a relationship for a while now….. 😳

Cougar

What does she like?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Take her to Jo Malone. Try some. See what she likes.

rickon
    Free Member

Probably the bets option – but I want it to be a surprise. Considering a romantic day out consists of an 8 hour ride, it’d look a bit suspicious 🙂

I’ll pop out and take a guess.

jota180
    Free Member

I’ll pop out and take a guess.

The chances of success are akin to expecting to get all 6 numbers on this week’s lottery

hels
    Free Member

It’s very personal what kind of perfume you like. I hate flowery ones.

The L’Occitane stuff is nice for something a bit less Boots Duty Free.

hels
    Free Member

Get a voucher from L’Occitane it’s silly expensive and she can choose for herself.

timc
    Free Member

dont get hung up on ‘this years’ either… the best / most popular stick around for ages.

when needed I pop into John Lewis when walking home, loads of women to help you out & the posh counters for the lavish occasions.

Problem is, I cant remember what Ive bought for people in past 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Do they do a non-scented one?

I can’t stand the smell of perfume. Really don’t understand the stuff.

mos

Next time your ‘oot on the toon’ & a particularly attractive & well scented lady walks by, just ask her what she’s wearing & buy that one.
    Probably best not to tell the bread knife how you came by your choice though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This:

rickon
    Free Member

Butt Plug + perfume. WIN.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Acqua di Parma magnolia is what my other half is rocking this year.

Have to say, it smells very nice, subtle and not in-your-face, and not at all like the essence of cured ham, pungent hard cheese or rented-house paint that its name would suggest.

london_lady
    Free Member

Buying blind without knowing her tastes is difficult! Perfume that smells nice on one person can smell like cat wee on another. I would suggest a Clinique Happy gift set – cant go far wrong.
    http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1584/19535/Fragrance/Gifts/Gifts-Sets/NEW-Limited-Edition-Complete-Happiness/index.tmpl

kayak23

Get a list together of what she already has, take it to the plastic-faced ladies in Boots/House of Fraser and perhaps they can point you in the direction of similar.

My bird is getting Prada Ambree…..Its quite pleasant really I suppose, but stupidly expensive imho. She is getting 30ml… 🙂

mtb2020
    Free Member

Trouble is lots of so-called high fashion perfumes just reek, and not in a good way. I quite like Beautiful by Estee Lauder, but it’s rather pricey. A lot of the others like Obsession, Rive Gauche and Joy are unfortunately just stinky. But, who is to say what’s best.

White Musk from the Body Shop is nice, but much cheaper. It is however quite an acquired taste if that’s the right thing to say. I wonder if Tweed by Lentheric is still out there? If she loves the 70s she’ll just love it!

sunshiner1der
    Free Member

Mrsunshiner1der bought me Armani Code last year. I get lots of comments saying how nice I smell when I wear it and asking what it is.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Next time your ‘oot on the toon’ & a particularly attractive & well scented lady walks by, just ask her what she’s wearing & buy that one

But don’t forget that perfume can potentially smell very different on one woman to another, as perfumes often react to the level of hormones in the skin, how dry their skin is, etc. I think Kayak made the best suggestion of taking stuff she already uses and asking for advice on similar.

And avoid ‘Pure Poison’ by Dior. Never has a perfume has been so aptly named. Got sprayed with it by a crazy lady in duty free and I swear, through the fog of horror, that I could hear Slayer playing ‘Chemical Warfare’.

Trekster

Any reputable on-line shops? Know what MrsT wants, just need to find it without ending up with some rip-off gear 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Or this:

london_lady
    Free Member

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productListing.php?category=1

Used them several times without any problems.

emsz
    Free Member

Ask Her!!!

oh god, don’t just buy some random perfume you like the smell of. I use D&G one but it smells rank on my gf. (she uses CK euphoria)

bikebouy
    Free Member

This, for the Plastic Population..

allthegear
    Free Member

Emsz is right (yet again) – your smell is a combination of you and your perfume. She needs to try them.

Personally, I LOVE Chanel Chance eau fraiche…

Rachel

Trekster

Used them several times without any problems.
    Not listed there or a few others but the mighty Amazon has it. Looks like Amazon are supplying loads of our Xmas stuff this year 😆 Poor high street 🙄

To the OP;

rickon – Member
    Alright chaps.

My missus’ mum is looking to buy her some perfume for Xmas, a few small bottles (30ml ish), does anyone have suggestions for what’s nice this year
    Unless your missus does a test then do not buy blind. What suits one woman does not suit another. Speaking from 40 odd yrs experience. MrsT has been in the habit the past few years of buying hers at an airport duty free because the one she currently uses has only been available there. We have not flown anywhere this year so the hunt is on, well it was anyway.

restless
    Free Member

I like Eternity Moment, but my son says I smell like toilet cleaner.

So maybe having a sneak peak at what she wears already would be best , as tastes vary widely.

Cougar

Personally, I LOVE Chanel Chance eau fraiche…

Thanks for that. OH tried a perfume in a shop a couple of weeks ago and really liked it, I’ve been racking my brains ever since trying to remember which one it was.

maccruiskeen

Lorraine Kelly, Russell Grant, one of the girls who used to be in Atomic Kitten* and Tim Brooke-Taylor all have new fragrances coming out this christmas.

*(or was it the Sugar Babes? or was it both? maybe I’m thinking of S Club 7)

Cougar

Tim Brooke-Taylor

😯

flow
    Free Member

This is daaaaaaaaaaaamn nice!

Has to be the eau de parfum though

Cougar

A HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN QUID?! Jesus, Mary and Joseph and all the bloody apostles, the EDT is sixty pounds!

Balls to that, she can stink.

Cougar

MESSIAH ON A RECUMBENT, THE CLUCKING DEODORANT IS FORTY QUID!

Hells bollocks, it’s nearly as expensive as printer ink.

flow
    Free Member

Lol calm down dude, you can get a bottle for £50!

Edit: Hmmm, its gone up slightly, worth it though. Go and smell it, even if you don’t buy it.

emsz
    Free Member

Have a mate who did a term at P&G factory, they do Boss, D&G and so on, cost is 2euros to produce a bottle of 75ml. 😯

Cougar

Foaming shower gel. £62.

That’s shower gel.

£62.

Shower gel.

😯

Is there a word for what your mind does after it’s stopped boggling and started shaking like a crapping dog?

flow
    Free Member

😆 Seriously, smell it. You could spray it on anything and it would make you want to have sex with it (not that I do this)

Edit: Its damn strong, like you only need one squirt of the stuff, so you could get away with buying her a 50mm bottle.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Get onto ebay and type in perfume samples. There are loads and what ya get is say 15-20(depending on how much you spend) wee bottlles. Ive found this to be very popular with mrs bt. You can then pay attention to the ones she likes and mentally note them for the next time you need a get out of jail card.

globalti
    Free Member

Perfume choice depends on so many things like environment, diet and skin odour and racial type. If she’s a lissom blonde she might prefer something different to if she was a sultry brunette. If she eats spicy food she will have a spicy odour so she won’t want anything spicy or oriental and so on.

Best let her choose – I’m sure you can “engineer” a sniffing session in a posh store then nip back later and buy it or get it online.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Why do women wear perfume and make up? Coz theyre ugly and they smell bad. Yeah I know – ban/heaps of abuse coming. Couldnt resist it though.

flow
    Free Member

Did you smell it yet?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Ladies perfume suggestions’ is closed to new replies.