Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ladies lids
  • dustypumpkins

Any recommendations on girly lids?
    She seems to like this flowery one.

cinnamon_girl

Sorry, stealth black for me!

mamadirt
    Free Member

I have the matt white plaid version (I don't do flowery) and it's pretty comfy and a lot lighter than some of the pi$$pot helmets I've used in the past.

dustypumpkins

I'm just trying to get her into biking gently, canal paths and such. She thinks it's cute, so it's a winner with me and the reviews seem pretty good.

mtbfix

Giro do the Skyla in a variety of ladyish colours. It is also a proper helmet so has vents and stuff so will probably be better come the summer, assuming she is not getting into dirt/park riding.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Surely that Bell is not really any sort of general riding lid at all? It's a skate/BMX lid.
    It'll be hot and sweaty and probably uncomfortable (Most cheap lids are a strange shape)

There's plenty of nice ladies lids about far nicer and better than that. MrsPP recenly smashed her Giro Havoc and bought a new ladies Hex, which is a very stylish thing indeed. In the shop they also had a very nice Trek (I think) lid which looked lovely and was a fair bit cheper than the £60 Hex….

Hold on a mo', let me look for some pics. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mrs PPs New Hex
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=41481

Subtle and stylish without being all pink and flowery!

Pics of the Trek lids here. All decent looking and stylish, and a bit more girly
    http://store.trekbikes.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=438&path=1%2C4%2C436%2C438&bShopOnline=0

brianbrian
    Free Member

How about the lightest helmet in the world.. though she is rather pricey!

Tiboy

Mrs Tiboy has got the same as Mrs PP, new for Xmas and she like it very much, especially the matt finish.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I've got the small men's Giro Xen (I think?), which is a bit 'freeridery' – but very comfy and I like the fact it cover the back of my head well. I don't think they did the women's version of the Hex at the time, otherwise I probably would have gone for that – Mrs Tiboy's one is very nice… I'd go for one of those, but then I'm not a fan of skate lids and I definitely don't do flowery! 🙂

Bunnyhop

I've got the small Giro Hex, put my own stickers on it.

domino

That Hex is nice (and didnt know they did ladies ones either) – I currently have a smelly Skyla, I think its time for a change and maybe one without a peak for roadie use.

dustypumpkins

Jumping? Ha! Nah nah, just the odd pedal along a Sustrans or something, nothing major.
    I've never agreed with pi$$ pot lids unless you are a skater/bmxer but she seems to have her mind set on it and it's far better than nothing.
    The Skylas look alright and come at about a fiver more than the Bells and a fiver for some ventilation is worth it.

timber

girlfriend has a MET formula, fitting system is high enough to allow for tieing hair back

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

this is what my girlfriend has, and i have the same in black, absolute bargain on here:
    http://www.cyclesurgery.com/1027020/Giro-Hex-Helmet-White-Pink.html

it is the comfiest lid i have ever owned. might even see if the graphics come off so i can have a white one as well!

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

only realized its only in large there, but i'm sure they are around elsewhere (white/pink is the old colour scheme)

danny

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ladies lids’ is closed to new replies.