Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ladies day pack Camelbak
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

okay so last weekend I broke the clip on my small day pack and thought I may ask for a new one for Christmas. Mine is an old old Millets cheapy so I'm looking for suggestions from the ladies of what you have/like/dislike. I just want something that will hold 2 litres of water a tube, small waterproof and sarnies so probably 12 litre.
    I was looking at something like this:
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/vaude/roomy-12-3-ec018380

but obviously NOT in gash un-practical white!!

any suggestions/recommendations of what you use? thanks.

elaineanne
    Free Member

im not very girlie, and this is what i have…. (mines is the black with lumeiness green (be seen) writing on it….

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Camelbak_Octane_8_Plus_-_2_Litre_Hydration_System/5360028103/

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

How do you find the Octane? As it's not women's specific and in the past I've found some of the bags on other Camelbaks a bit big, otherwise it looks quite cool. Are there a few smaller pockets for bits and bobs to go into??

ebygomm
    Free Member

I'd recommend the octane 8 too. I'm 5'4" with a short body and it's fine for me.

Best feature for me are the pockets on the side strap, I can keep my camera in one and access it without taking the rucksack off. As mentioned, there's a pocket on either side of the waist band (not huge but big enough for cameras, wallets, phones, bike multitool etc, tissues), a zip pocket on the front, a mesh pocket on the front in expanded mode in addition to the main compartment and bladder compartment. Lots of bungees to make it nice and compact, but the section on the front means you can fit a bit more in it if you need to (I manage to use it for my work commute in the summer carrying spare clothes and shoes plus the usual).

Edit: The mesh straps are really nice and lightweight too

Farrago
    Free Member

I have the camelbak mini mule:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=35343

Basically I was looking for a bag a couple of years ago and hated all the women's specific ones (generally pink or white and no space) and found the men's ones far too long for my back (I'm 5'3).

When I bought mine it was in orange and grey and was aimed at boys, seems they've noticed women want bags too (though they still seem to think pink is the only way of showing this).

It's maybe a bit small for what you're looking for but I can carry 1.5L, lunch, tools, tube, pump, and have space in the exapandable mesh bit for a waterproof.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Octane 8 looking promising as having the expanding bit gives me so many more options! Quite liking both the orange and red colours mmm! Cheers for the advice, I have had bothe women's specific and non in the past and had a mixture of results. So promising that someone else who's small like me finds it suitable! when can I start writing the Christmas list!!??

krobes62010
    Free Member

My wife uses the Camelbak Magic and loves it, good capacity too. Evans have it on offer (£39.99) at the mo!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Krobes .. it's hard to tell but looking at the pic on Wiggle the Magic just looks really small? could I get in a few tools/tube/wallet etc as well as my LARGE pack lunch and small waterproof.

cinnamon_girl

Have one of these for sale at £15 posted. It's a khaki type colour. Can dig out pic if you want.

Without bladder and not been used so brand new. I put my stuff in it, put it on and decided that Camelbaks are not for me with my shonky body.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Camelbak_Ladies_Magic_21_Litre_Hydration_System/5360041109/

krobes62010
    Free Member

…… deffinately get your tools, tube and wallet in, but as for you lunch and waterproof! …. that all depends on how much lunch you pack ( tupperwear tubs of cake and egg and cress sarnis won't fit) 😆 ….. and how bulky the waterproof is.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Krobes you've rubmled me and my pack up!!!! Mmmm guessing I may have to go towards the Octane. Thanks for the offer Cinnamo_girl but I think it's going to be too small for what I want.

elaineanne
    Free Member

theres loads of space in the octane….fit in a few jackets and all ya bike gear etc….. pocket to front of bag and also handy pockets to both sides lower down….. bags of room ! it fits me ok…and im only 5ft small…

Bunnyhop

C_G – am interested in that.

Will get in touch later.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ladies day pack Camelbak’ is closed to new replies.