Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lab-Gear CS
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

I bought a Lab-Gear Jersey a few months back and thought they were very good (merino convert as a result and wearing it every ride, great in the heat), but as with everything there were a couple of things which didn’t make it quite perfect.

I posted a comment on a jersey thread here a few months back and Lab Gear contacted me yesterday after seeing the post asking how I was getting on with it. They are a newish company I think and are keen for feedback…

I told them I didn’t need rear pockets, or the elasticated arms and bottom, and could do with 2” on the length for my super long torso (6’3″). All their clothing is made to order and you spec what you want when ordering. They have changed their menu selections to accommodate what I asked for and now offer all those options – cool eh?

LabGear
    Free Member

Well, newish is 8 years or so is new (2001/2) 😉

What we are doing now is very new though, four month old and it seems people are taking to the idea of almost bespoke kit. We’re always keen to for customer’s feedback on what we might/could/should do and offer as part of our service. The community here has always been great in supporting what we do.

Glad to be of service bonesetter!

bonesetter
    Free Member

8 years – Oops! Well astablished i should say

Hadn’t seen you bumped my original thread, but have just ordered my new bespoke ‘trad’

Thanks again

Gary_M
    Free Member

Had a look at the site. Nice idea to customise the jersey but would it not make sense to show the jersey design once you pic it. What if you think chocolate brown and red would look nice together but not too sure and if you can’t see the finished article how do you decide.

Also options of a full length zip would be good and an extra zip pocket on the back. You’ve already copied rapha arm warmers so you may as well copy their jersey pocket configuration too 😉

LabGear
    Free Member

Gary_M, I hear you on the colours. We have the bones of a Flash driven colour designer on the desktop right now. Just have to spend a week rejigging it and up it goes and that’s something we hope to get done within the month.

Not sure on the zipper thing though as most people over the past two years we’ve been offering this jersey have been really chuffed with it the way it is. I’ll dwell on it though but the idea of the Trad top is that it’s just clean and simple.

On the arm warmers, 😛 We did our first with GT stripes back in early ’05!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I like the jersey, lack of a zip pocket puts me off though as I always like to have my phone/key/bank card in a zip pocket when I’m on a road ride. Same with any jersey though, not just yours.

LabGear
    Free Member

Fair enough 😉 Always good to have food for thought.

LabGear
    Free Member

Hey Gary_M, don’t want to look like a liar…. we have the interactive colour builders online now. They are a Flash based thing (old version so will work over 99% of the browsers) so some IT departments might not like them but they are working a shizzle. Like you suggested, they really help you see what your kit will look like before you order it. 😀

Ping me and I’ll throw you some store credit for the prompt to get this finished.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

When it says Trad jersey full does that mean full length sleeves (as I originally thought this might mean full length zip)??

Gary_M
    Free Member

dropped you an e-mail to HQ-frontdesk [at] lab-gear.com I like that colour builder a lot. Off to play with it now.

LabGear
    Free Member

groundskeeperwilly, what it means is with pockets, elastic in the waist and arms. Half is without the pockets and casual is without the pockets or elastic, same cut though.

Being a traditional style jersey, we aren’t going to do long sleeves, as one would wear arm warmers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lab-Gear CS’ is closed to new replies.