Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • KS Lev dropper post. What size you riding?
  • p7rich
    Free Member

I’m hovering over the “Buy” button for a KS Lev but can’t find any guidance on what size would be right for me – 125mm or 150mm. I’m 6’2″ so assume it should be the longer one…but that’s pure assumption and don’t want more post than i need.

Anyone share their experience??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Same as with other posts your height by itself has nothing to do with what size. You need to know how much exposed seat post you have – the amount the gubbins take up. Then you have the answer.

MarkN
    Free Member

I am 5’6″ and have the 125 in a med Heckler frame. The Kev is all the way down in the frame and is just right when the post is fully extended. The thing to do is measure the amount of seat post that you have showing on a normal post and then take this back to where it will be on the KS Lev. You may get away with the 125 depending on your frame/seatpost length but I suspect the 150 may be better suited. If need be I can dig out the min insertion point on the 125 if it helps.

JoeG
    Free Member

There are some measurements for the 125mm drop Lev in this thread.

As said above, you need to have a sufficient length of exposed seatpost to accommodate the 5 or 6 inches of drop plus the fixed portions of the dropper post (seat clamp and seat collar portions).

p7rich
    Free Member

So…I’m assuming the Lev has just 2 positions: up and down? There’s remarkably little information on the KS web pages!!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

You can position it anywhere. Common sense says make ‘up’ correspond with your max height for your seatpost.

owainga

5’6″-6.5ish here. small soul and a 150mm was the right choice. 125mm would have been right on the minimum insertion line. 150mm meant a little more weight but also more drop which was a win. I had a fair bit of post showing though.

I can measure exactly how much if anyone needs to know.

MarkN
    Free Member

The KS lev is fully adjustable any where from all up to all down. I do not think that you can reduce the max height with a collar/insert. So the fully extended post should be your optimum pedal position.

JoeG
    Free Member

There’s remarkably little information on the KS web pages!!

This seems to be the case with dropper seatposts in general. You would think that at least one manufacturer would have some clear info (a flowchart or series of questions that you answer) on which of their seatposts might fit your bike!

The Lev lets you position the post at any point in its travel; it does not have fixed positions other than at the max and min.

KS does have a coupla’ good videos…[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUXcLchjFV4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7wdE2wqhOA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This seems to be the case with dropper seatposts in general. You would think that at least one manufacturer would have some clear info (a flowchart or series of questions that you answer) on which of their seatposts might fit your bike!

I think they call these bike shops

p7rich
    Free Member

Thanks Jo. No thanks Mike. 😉

JoeG
    Free Member

Mike – LBS is the answer if they carry the brand that you’re interested in.

The shop closest to me carries Spec Command Post and RS Reverb. I was interested in the KS Lev in large part due to the fixed cable routing. Thus the need to figure out which one would fit my bike and then mail order it.

MarkN
    Free Member

Some KS Lev information:

The post is 385mm in length and has a travel of 125mm drop. Minimum insertion is 120mm, maximum insertion is 200mm. Stack height from the rails to the seatclamp is 55mm.

User Manual

Videos as already posted…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev dropper post. What size you riding?’ is closed to new replies.