Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Really – WTFF?

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

absolute shite. saw about 15mins of it the other day and could not believe how bad it was.

chimpymcchimp

Heh. I thought it started badly with that post joke, but there were so many jokes that it was inevitable that many would hit the target, and I ended up properly laughing out loud at some of it. Also: India de Beaufort.
    Really got into it and watched the whole series in one go. Don’t think it’s been commissioned for another series though 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I really didn’t understand just what it was meant to be doing. I only stayed watching it for the eye-candy.

(I always have had a thing for cyclops) 😉 or should that be .-)

chimpymcchimp

I think it’s just a bit of a play on d&d and fantasy stuff, but with a bit more of a modern sit-com angle to it. If that makes sense.

That cyclops bit was dark.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

‘Bit of a play’

Surely a pre-requisite of comedy is humour though? I mean, I can laugh at anything remotely humorous but it did absolutely nothing at all for me.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Elevenquest was fairly amusing on R4

atlaz
    Free Member

Flaming pile of crap. Could have worked if it was a bit more like that R4 thing that Bimbler mentioned and a lot less like it was written by 13 year olds looking for really poor single entendres and cock jokes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Elvenquest was indeed superb!

As someone pointed out in a review, to satirise the Fantasy genre is awfully hard, as so much of it is pretty much self-satirical anyway!

chimpymcchimp

Surely a pre-requisite of comedy is humour though? I mean, I can laugh at anything remotely humorous but it did absolutely nothing at all for me.

How about “you gave it up for the time of day?! we were under a clock at the time!”

Made me laugh out loud.

llama

total shyte

there are lots of jokes and not a single one hits the target

the running jokes are boring (she shags, he’s crap, he’s gay, ha ha ha)

even the Matt Lucas bits are bad

my kids seem to like it, and even they admit its shyte so only in some sort of so bad its good way.

I am guessing they only scheduled it at all to make the following hour look even better.

Pook

what’s happened to sean macguire’s accent?

Bobbins.

Jamie
    Free Member

To address some of the above posts, Elvenquest was pap.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Never mind. New series of Reaper starts at the same time on E4 next week, and that makes me laugh ’til I’m shaking.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Looking at the end credits I think part of the problems is the American collaboration and funding – therefore every thing needs to be slowed down so our colonial cousins can keep up with sophisticated British humour

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How about “you gave it up for the time of day?! we were under a clock at the time!”

Made me laugh out loud.

Makes me confused – where is the joke? Honestly – I do not get it. At all.

Bimbler
    Free Member

what’s happened to sean macguire’s accent?

He’s the Hero so has to be an American, natch.

chimpymcchimp

Honestly – I do not get it. At all.

You’re not an aspy are you?

Out of interest, those who hated it, what TV do you find funny so I can compare?

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Absolute tripe, not funny at all, although reading the posts on this thread make me laugh.

mattbee

I find it fairly amusing.

AndyP
    Free Member

sensationally unfunny. Mind you, yer lass in it is worth a dabble.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

what TV do you find funny so I can compare?

Fawlty Towers
    League of Gentlemen
    Little Britain
    Reginald Perrin (even the remake was quite good)
    Reeves and Mortimer
    Family Guy
    On Foot in the Grave
    The Young Ones
    Max and Paddy’s
    Almost any stand-up, especially Michael Mackintyre, Lee Mack, Jack Dee, Victoria Wood

I could go on…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire’ is closed to new replies.