Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • why go 29er
  • turneround

Ive been offered a great deal on a Turner sultan, only having ever ridden a 29er in a car park, can anyone let me know what the benifits would be over a 26er. Im looking at building her up light for enduro’s
    cheers

IHN

As in all things bikey, why not?

Stoner
    Free Member

you probably wouldnt like it. Just send the sultan to me and Ill make sure it never bothers you again…

firestarter
    Free Member

cos its fun to try new things 😉 ive had 3 29ers now and they were all great but im now back to 26 wheels as for me its better . still got the cx tho so its kinda 29er lol

charliedontsurf

great if you are tall, as the fit well
    roll real fast
    can be slower off the mark, but only the first pedal stroke
    some of teh older ones dont handle real well, but the new ones.. niner for example are unreal.
    I dont have anthing 26er nowadays… but at 6 foot 2 and not a dirt jumper – why would i.

firestarter
    Free Member

hey charlie did you ever get any of those jesus cx tshirts in i spoke to you about at ssuk 😉

ton

…..cos your a freak and other bikes dunny fit ya……. 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

To be like Firestarter and Charlie thats why!

charliedontsurf

gil has overlooked your pink jesus shirt, i will get some made and bring them to ssuk

firestarter
    Free Member

im not at ssuk im afraid this year mate ;-( cant get out of work and its localish too bugger

ton

charlie, make a xxxl one…. 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

it might be too un pc tony 😉

matt_outandabout

I really liked my Niner EMD – twas nippy handling, climber really nicely, amazing grip off-camber and steep climbs (but I guess 14st and Motoraptors would grip on pretty much anything 🙄 ), it was also rather good on very steep downhills, proper bum-over-the-tyre stuff – felt like it was much harder to go over the bars on.
    It did take a bit of winding up to speed, and some really stop/start/hairpin stuff at trail centres took a bit of re-learning and a dash of ‘spirit’ more than a 26er.

Overall – why not? Its fun, fast and good to see things differently. I would have stuck with a 29er, but gone FS apart from limits on insurance replacement.

sheldona
    Free Member

im not at ssuk im afraid this year mate

Pull a sicky godamit 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

tobykd
    Free Member

i have a 29er Gary Fisher hardtail and it is fantastic. i would suggest though (having bought one) that the 69er ss is astounding. if you are looking then i really would get one of these, fantastic fun, bomb proof and really fast. big wheels i think are just different and fun, because they just are.

firestarter
    Free Member

love to sheldon lol

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I was riding with a lad on a 29er recently. Coming through the singletrack, I was right on his arse ’til we hit a load of stutter bumps where he pulled away with ease while I was having to pump my wheels through them. Made me definately think about going up from 26″.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘why go 29er’ is closed to new replies.