Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • kona honza 29er
  • sam69
    Free Member

these look awesome for £1600 ,anybody got one yet?

http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/shop/index.php?product_id=1934&category_id=148

FuzzyWuzzy

Awesome? Looks a total rip off at that price to me, that’s a £999 spec if ever I saw one.

honourablegeorge

+1 – really poor spec, fork aside. Not a decent part on it.

MrTall
    Free Member

There are 2 0r 3 people on here with one (me included) but we all bought frame only and specced up the build ourselves.

Great bike though but the full spec offering is simply awful from a value for money perspective. Mine cost a similar amount (a tad more) but that got me a full XT/XTR 1×10, Reba Team 120mm forks, better wheels and finishing kit.

As stated above – the only decent kit after the frame is the fork and the chain device. Alivio shifter and 1×9 for £1600? No thanks.

honourablegeorge

The chain device is the cheapo LS1 – stamped steel.

Toasty

2012, the year when Alivio and Deore became awesome value on a £1600 hardtail 😥

richen987
    Free Member

i am not sure i have ever seen less value for money on a bike especially as the frame can be had for £480

http://www.cyclelane.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b3s27p5923&rs=gb&vid=20003

tk46hal
    Free Member

Nice frame though!

ahwiles
    Free Member

Awesome? Looks a total rip off at that price to me, that’s a £999 spec if ever I saw one.

what he said.

cheap frame*.

nice forks.

cheap components.

£1600?!?!?

(*ignore £500 price tag, it’s a cheap frame)

sam69
    Free Member

ok if i buy the frame ,how much can you get the forks for?will i be able to build it under £1000,maybe useing some 2hand parts?thanks guys

bedmaker

I may have an 18″ frame for sale in a few weeks if you are interested. I may be persuaded to do a deal on the Reba tapered fork and hope headst too. Mail in profile if you want.

sam69
    Free Member

YES bedmaker send me price with photos please

bedmaker

sam69 I don’t see an email in your profile, send me a message to the address in my profile and I can send you pics/price.

steezysix
    Free Member

Don’t know about about the Honzo, but I bought a Kona Steely frame (pretty much the 26″ equivalent) off CRC for cheap and it’s absolutely lovely. As above, I think the complete bikes are a bit underspecced for the price, but if you can get a deal on the frame, I’d say go for it.

sam69
    Free Member

ygm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘kona honza 29er’ is closed to new replies.