Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kona Dew Drop
  • ExRoadie
    Free Member

Hi,

Just ordered one of these on sale from Wiggle (£475) as a winter commuter bike. Anyone got one of these?

geoffj

Not got one, but they look nice. Like the disc brakes too 😯

BlingBling
    Free Member

Want one 😮

verses

I have the 08 Dew Plus and have been pretty pleased with it.

The only change I've made is to swap the daft Desperate-Dan-Cow-Pie style riser bars with some flats. Oh, and also the quick release on the front wheel was a cheap and nasty one that kept working loose so I've swapped that for a better one.

Other than that, it's been a fairly solid commuting work horse that's also carried my daughter in her baby seat over bridleways and farm tracks on a weekend 🙂 It's also been comfortable enough when used for a couple of long distance road events.

As is always the case, I now wish I'd gone for the Dew Deluxe as there were some good component upgrades on it, but they can be sorted as these ones wear out.

ExRoadie
    Free Member

I'm looking forward to riding it over the winter. I looks pretty solid (heavy) but a few upgrades here and there would sort it out 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Hmm. I wonder how much lighter that frame is compared to my Sutra? £475 and then sell on the bits I don't want…….

racefaceec90

great bike!!!i just might have to buy one(when i have the money!!!)

Onzadog
    Free Member

I must admit, I looked at these after I got my Tri-cross and they seem to tick all the boxes for me.

Aluminium frame
    rack mounts
    fender mounts
    drop bars
    disc brakes

Could it be the perfect commuter?

ExRoadie
    Free Member

Just read somewhere on t'internet that mudguards can't be fitted to this bike?
    Does anyone know if this is true?

verses

I have guards for my Plus, I'd assume the mounts/bosses are the same for the Drop.

beefy

I have a dew deluxe that I run with drops, I changed the discs for shimano mech discs (deore ones, which work perfectly with sti's). Super bike, been on big tours, pulling trailers, kids etc. Real work horse. Mine still has the original slickasaurus tyres on as well.

Good job they have put the stem up a bit, bit low on the flat bar version.

Hardest thing with these is fitting racks/guards due to the discs, I had to make a bit which moved the rack out a bit and attached the disc side mud guard stay to the disc mount. Bit odd, but works fine.

verses

I forgot about that, mine has a fat washer (about 2" deep) with a long screw to get the mud guard mount to pass over the disc brake.

geoffj

You can just bend the guard stays so that they don't foul the caliper. Out and then up works nicely on my hybrid commuter.

molgrips
    Free Member

I love my Dew. It's not a drop tho – I tried to fit drops but I had to get bog standard cantis to go with my road STIs and the resulting brake action was so sh*t I had to revert.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kona Dew Drop’ is closed to new replies.