Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Knog led lights
  • ReallyOldGit
    Free Member

Has anyone used the single LED Knog frog lights (or one of the Chinese knock off equivalents)???

Wondered if they were bright enough to be of any value???

bassspine
    Free Member

They're great. I wear one on the back of my helmet drivers have commented on seeing it

nickjb
    Free Member

The mrs just bought a set of own brand tesco ones. Pretty bright. Good as a back up or for popping on your hat.

bigdonx
    Free Member

I've got three sets of Knog Frogs – great for being seen – not great for seeing with – but would get you home if your main light failed. I use them for the through town commute to the trails to save battery on my main light. Really bright and last for ages on the flashing mode – wouldn't recommend to use them in solid mode as the led is quite small and wouldn't be quite so obvious as flashing.
    Plus you can't really break them and they take up very little space on the bike – for the money they are excellent.

ReallyOldGit
    Free Member

I have a set of DX knock offs on way from HK < £3, (when posties starts again, I will post up review when they arrive

markenduro
    Free Member

Very good for being seen, have one on the back of my helmet, they fit really well on the back of xens, and another on the peak, that is pretty good for seeing computers/gear shifters etc but not for seeing where you are going.

Kahurangi

My DX ones are poor. On of them won't work properly when stretched around the seatpost. They aren't sealed up on the inside face, just a stretch fit over the internals. Not worth it IMHO unless I do manage to fix it up with a bit of soldering (though not hopeful, it's the simple switch that's naff when stretched.)

crazy-legs

I've got a Beetle and Skink combination, as reviewed in ST this month. They're both very good although the rear is really only visible from quite a narrow angle. Not too much of an issue cos I have 3 front and 3 rear lights anyway!
    Great for commuting or just for saving the battery on a main light as you ride to/from the trails.

CountZero

I've got several, a red Frog in the back of my Xen, a couple of white Frogs around the ends of my Aero bars underneath the TT200 levers, and a Toad and Bullfrog for commuting purposes. They're so convenient, fit any size bars or seatpost, and no phaffing around with loads of brackets. Love 'em.

ReallyOldGit
    Free Member

Well, Postie strike or not Package arrived from DX containing the Knog Knock offs

First impressions are ACE!

Reasonably well made, look cool, and the white front light much brighter than expected, actually enough to light the road in a dark alley!!, the rear red not so bright for some reason, but still very usable.

Durability, too early to say, but I see replacement 2032 button cells from DX at $3.66 for 20!!! A lifetimes supply.

At $4.73 (less than £3) a bargain – go get some!!!!

I will be getting some more

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Knog led lights’ is closed to new replies.