Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Knee pads, if you think why do i bother.
  • swisstony
    Free Member

I've worn knee pads for years and don't normally leave the house without my kyle straights these days but i often think do i really need them. Anyway on friday i forgot them at the skate park on my bmx, i can't remember the last time i properly fell off down there but on friday hopping back into the big bowl my front wheel slipped away and i slid down the wall on my knees taking the skin off both of them. So i went out this morning and couldn't wear my pads as they would rub my scabs and coming up a climb i slipped off the pedal and whacked my knee very hard, which hurt alot.

So they are useful!

Mugboo

Since buying some pads i've only wacked my knee once and that was the day i didn't wear em, caught them on my bars and it hurt for weeks.

Kyle straights, so comfy i'd be daft not to wear em..

I bought the elbow pads as well but they feel restrictive, saving them for an uplift day!

swisstony
    Free Member

yeh i only bother with arm pads on 'big'days when i wear my full face

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i put a dmr v8 pin right into my right kneecap a few weeks ago on a day i decided to not bother with the kyle straits. stupid decision.
    got a reasonable scar out of it though…

firestarter
    Free Member

tee hee pads 🙂

Swayndo
    Free Member

I tend to use them when using flatties … fear of pin/shin. I also should wear them on big mountain days out. When I don't I invariably end up with bloodied shins or knees. Even when I've felt I've been in control (descending Carn Ban Mor) I've picked up scree which has whacked off my shin. It's not just about falling off.

tthew

My brother tore all the skin off his kneecap a few weeks ago, then ended up in hospital for a week when it got infected. Now he has to have a skin graft to cover the wound.

Then about 2 weeks later a lad I was riding with at Coed y Brenin fell onto a rock and had to have 5 stitches. I don't think anyone would ride without a helmet these days, but I reckon it's your legs that get injured most of the time.

bigsi
    Free Member

Was going to wear my shin pads at Leith yesterday but decided not to bother as "its only Leith so whats the worst that can happen" Came unclipped popping off of a root and the crank arm rotated 180 degrees and the pedal whacked me on the shin so now i have a rather painful shin and the bruise is coming up a treat 🙄

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Knee pads, if you think why do i bother.’ is closed to new replies.