Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kindle or Android tablet?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I fancy getting one but can’t be arsed doing the research so I’m asking you lot. 😉

I want it primarily to read books on, but the ability to browse the net and view photos would be an advantage. What do those “in the know” recommend? It has to be HTS proof as I’m a clumsy bugger. It also has relatively cheap to buy and to get books for as I’m tight as a shark’s bum.

fadda

I have both.

Kindle is far better to read books on, but is a pita to surf the net with…

HTH!

wwaswas

for books the kindle – the screen is just brilliant for reading – like paper.

Only issue is you need an external light source if you read in bed whilst your partner sleeps.

lots of free books available.

look at the new kindle with browser but I think that’s limited as it all funnels through amazon servers.

scaredypants

kindle, but get the cheapest one and forget browsing on it

richardk
    Free Member

A cheap android tablet will probably be crap. A cheap kindle probably won’t.

Most tablets are 10″ in size, so a Kindle will be smaller, lighter etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

Kindle:

Reading 10/10
    Surfing 2/10

Tablet:

Reading 6/10
    Surfing 7/10

I found yet another advantage to the e-ink displays yesterday. It can still be viewed perfectly whilst wearing polarised sunglasses.

brassneck

I’m sure a Kindle is much better for reading, but I’ve read around 50 books on the Kindle iPad app and really not had a problem with it – so if I had to choose one I’d go with the tablet.

There are cheap iPads on the Apple refurb store at the moment, from £240 up. The Android tablets <£200 I’ve seen have been a bit unpleasant to use but might well tick enough boxes for you.

plumber
    Free Member

kindle for reading

iPad for ****

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kindle or Android tablet?’ is closed to new replies.