Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Kielder Avalanche Enduro question…..
  • evel_kneivel
    Free Member

Me and a few mates have entered this race and we could do with sorting out this insurance/doctors note thing.

Does anyone know what it is exactly that we need? Is it preferable to have a BCF licence? At £50 for the race entry another £50 for a licence seems a bit excessive!!!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

MussEd
    Free Member

If you don’t want your entry, i’ll buy it off you? Forgot to enter till this week and got knocked back as registration is full.

You just need a letter from your GP to say your fit and well and won’t keel over and die at this race. They{GP} may charge you but won’t be £50.

neil853
    Free Member

i really wanted to do this race, like really wanted too but when i looked into the doctors thing it put me right off. you need either a full racing license or a note from your doctor which will involve a medicle (ca £75). i realise why they have to do it because they’re a french co and thats the way there, too much money for me though

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

sorry mate its not for sale, im looking forward to getting my arse kicked by a load of super-fit xc riders!

so theres no benefit in having the licence over the doctors note? im just dreading landing up at the entry with a note and being told i can`t race.

is it not fairly obvious if someone is entering a bike race it is almost certain they are reasonably healthy???

MussEd
    Free Member

Why don’t you post for some doctor on here to rattle you up a letter covering this?

I would do it if I was a qualified GP. That and sell dodgy prescriptions, feel up young lady patients when there was no legitimate reason{“Ok Miss Brown if you could just slip off your undrwear” “But doctor I’ve only come in to have my in-grown toenail looked at”}, share my patients inner-most intimate medical problms with my mates. The usual, you know.

neil853
    Free Member

racing license gives you greater ins cover, doctors note will be a one event only thing

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

Just gone through the BCF licence buying process…

68 bloody quid!!!!!!! Jeez this is turning into an expensive race!

That price is for a silver membership, i seem to remember this is the minimum required for racing. is this right or will a bronze do?

Thanks for the help so far.

Brown
    Free Member

Bronze was enough for the mega last year. That doesn’t really help you though…

neil853
    Free Member

check but i’m fairly sure you need at least a silver with the upgraded racing licene suppliment.

it’ll be worth it, i’ve heard they’ve built some really nice trails up there, the format seems good, i reckon more will happen like this or they should!

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

i changed it to a bronze and this only gets you a provisonal licence instead of a full race licence.

looks like i might be stumping up sixty-eight-bloody-quid!!!!!!!!

MussEd
    Free Member

Well both races are run by same people so probably does help.

grumm
    Free Member

Apparently at Megavalanche lots of people were just knocking up a fake doctors note on photoshop and the organisers didn’t care.

MadPierre

I did both the Mega and Kielder last year. All you need is the Bronze provisional license which IIRC is about 12 quid?

Doing Kielder again this year and as they’ve brought it forward a month my license is still valid so that’s not bad value I’ve had from it!

grumm
    Free Member

Just looked at the british cycling site – its quite confusing. You can get a bronze membership for 11.50 but that doesn’t seem to include a full race license. Is that good enough then?

STATO
    Free Member

a doctors note is enough (ie. same thing is often required for other extreme sports like skydiving or whatever) and should only cost £10-25 depending on how stingy your doctors are, mine wasnt keen as apparently ‘i hadnt been to see them enough’ ??!?!?!! thats because im fit and healthy not a **** fat smoking beerswilling slob.

MadPierre

Go here: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/bcf/bcApplicationFormTmp.asp?promo=none

The £13.50 Bronze one is all you need. I have mine in my wallet here and as I said it worked last year.

MadPierre

Provisional license is good enough. You do not need a full one.

grumm
    Free Member

Excellent thanks for that.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Kielder Avalanche Enduro question…..’ is closed to new replies.