Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Kielder 100 Camping
  • ianwilly
    Free Member

For those of you struggling to get through to book your camping, I have been contacted by Steve at kieldervillagestore.co.uk who tells me he can help.

For more details please see my blog, http://bikegeek.noworriesuk.co.uk/kielder-100-camping-information/

jota180
    Free Member

Shorty121
    Free Member

I think if it was like last years then no one will want to campe 😆

fasthaggis

I think if it was like last years then no one will want to camp

It looked grimer than a grim thing,with extra grim.

Think ,village of the damned with trenchfoot and biting insects 🙂

wellhung
    Free Member

It looked grimer than a grim thing,with extra grim.

Think ,village of the damned with trenchfoot and biting insects

The weather wasn’t that good you’re exaggerating 😆

jota180
    Free Member

The YHA is very comfy and warm

ianwilly
    Free Member

It was very grim up there last year…… running the risk of being called a big girly wufter, if the forecast is the same for this year i am just going sacrifice the 50 guid and stay at home and beat myself with sandpaper while in the shower….. the result will be about the same…

Drac

The settee I slept on was a little lumpy. Still it was a nice warm, midge free house. 😀

miketually
    Free Member

Despite conditions on the day, I found the camping to be absolutely fine.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I camped once at Keilder: by a significant margin, the worst midgies ever.

ianwilly
    Free Member

I had a bad weekend generally, the weather just made it worse…… I probably would have been less bothered by it otherwise.

My race report is here, http://bikegeek.noworriesuk.co.uk/kielder-100/ .

miketually
    Free Member

I made it to the 50 mile cutoff a couple of minutes after the time limit; I might have just made the limit but a guy I caught pushing up the hill said he thought he was coming down with hypothermia so I walked with him. I was glad I didn’t make the cut off 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

Bit early to be booking camping! Last few years I’ve booked it a few weeks before. Not this time though as I’m not doing it. Good luck to those who do, it won’t be as bad as last year, if it is any worse people will probably die.

One of the hardest things I’ve done in a long time eventually nursed my bike round in 12 hours (having aimed for 10). Still, proud to be one of the 177.

wellhung
    Free Member

missed the cut by a couple off minutes at 50ish Miles no brakes left was glad i didn’t make the cut-off had to walk out, 2nd ride out on my bike it looked 10 years old when i cleaned off at home Kielder soil is grinding paste 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Kielder 100 Camping’ is closed to new replies.