Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kids trailer recommendations please.
  • vermillion
    Free Member

Looking to buy a trailer in which to place my little boy so i can ride cycle paths,fireroads etc.
    He’s now 18 months and i think this would be a good way of introducing him to the concept of pedal power.It will also enable us to spend some qualiy outdoor time with each other.
    I have tried the seat that bolts onto the seat tube of the bike before and didn’t like it at all.
    Does any one have any recommendations,,looking to spend £100ish
    Thanks

binners

Put a wanted ad in the classifieds. Have a look on fleabay too. I managed to pick up a Burley Solo for a bit more than that. The Burleys are a quality bit of kit. Very light. You hardly notice you’re pulling. And it’ll keep the little fella comfy.

Croozer’s are top notch too.

ourmaninthenorth

I have a Croozer. Single seat model (and superseded by newer versions). Bought s/h via ebay – cost over your £100 budget (more like £150 IIRC), but it’s a 3-in-1 (trailer, stroller and off-road buggy).

It’s well made – frame becomes a roll-bar, if these things concern you. Room behind the seat for stuff (toys, food, nappies).

Baby North went in it a few times last year, but only locally. She was 8 months old when I got it. Will try using it farther afield this year.

Must get trailer pulling bike converted back to geared to make the inclines easier..!

ransos
    Free Member

+1 for the croozer. We started Miss R in it from 3 months, though you’ll need to be very gentle at that age – we kept it to smooth railway paths only.

The trailer’s a really sturdy design, loads of storage space and the facility to convert to a buggy is useful for cafe stops. Well worth going a little over your budget IMO.

marcus
    Free Member

HIJACK – I’m looking at changing our cheappie for something a little better, perhaps Croozer, Chariot or Burley. One thing that bugs me with our current one is the ‘spring’ within the tow hitch – It gives a horrible jerky feel. Do the better quality ones use the same arrangement ?

jonathan
    Free Member

Yes – Chariot use a ball and socket type hitch. It’s solid and direct, no rattling of jerkiness. Best pic I could find was a diagram:

Burley stanmdard hitch is a sort of universal joint affair. Not as nice IME but pretty good:

Stoner
    Free Member

+ 1 for croozer

Used on bike, as a jogger and stroller

Best bit of kit we have

Will put some photos up later

marcus
    Free Member

Those hitches look a lot better. I was ready to dump ours on sunday it was so horrible to tow.

ourmaninthenorth

I think the Croozer ones have changed. On ours (older model) there is an articulated spring on the trailer arm, but it certainly doesn’t “jerk” as I’m riding.

marcus
    Free Member

Our was OK with just 1 of them and a bit of kit in it. Sunday was the first time I’ve used it with the 2 of them aged 1.5 and 3.5 plus pack lunch, picnic blanket and other stuff. At the start of each pedal stroke you could feel the spring extend and then ‘ ping’ the trailer would suddenly catch up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kids trailer recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.