Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Kettlebell recomendations
  • dobo
    Free Member

Theres lots of choice on kettlebells and not sure what design/makes i should be looking at. Want to make sure i get one with a handle thats comfortable fit as there seems to be flat and curved handles etc, vinyl covered? I’ll do 16kg to start

Not bothered about anything fancy but must be functional and not too expensive.

recommendations welcome

woffle
    Free Member

Mine have curved handles – I just got same as they have in my gym, just watch with some as their handles are too small to use comfortably with both hands. Rubber covering also helps.

One of my colleague ordered one and it’s stupidly large so maybe check the stated size – it’s comically too big to swing between his legs.

I’ll see if I can find the seller and brand…

loddrik
    Free Member

I really hope you are both women…

woffle
    Free Member

‘fraid not. They might look stupid whilst you’re using them but they’re effective as anything – 5 sets of 30 with 20kg with 20 seconds between will have you heaving…

dobo
    Free Member

yes i’d rather not buy a comically big kettlebell, any to avoid is also welcome

motivforz
    Free Member

Comfort is significantly dictated by handle size. If you can’t get both hands in comfortably then you won’t be able to do double handed swings etc. I’ve got a plain Iron/Steel 16kg kettlebell with black hammerite style painting. The handle is plenty comfortable due to the size (diameter as well as width), even without a coating. Mine’s chipped the coating a bit but that doesn’t bother me.

woffle
    Free Member

Mine are stamped “Marcy”. No name on the vinyl covered one – was bought through the gym – I can find out where they get them from…

saleem
    Free Member

You could get the one which has one handle and various interchangeable weights, they’re not the cheapest but saves having kettlebells scattered everywhere.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Base Fitness on the bay cheapest around, I’ve got big hands and it’s fine.

Kryton57

I was recommended Jordans – a bit more expensive but well finished to avoid callouses…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Kettlebell recomendations’ is closed to new replies.