Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Keswick night rides
  • jturn71

I’m working in Keswick for the next 4-5 weeks mon to thurs. Are there any clubs or groups that do regular night rides in the area?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Every Tuesday night 6:30pm outside the Peddlar Cafe in town then to the Bank Tavern for refreshment after

Great rides

jturn71

Nice1, thanks for that will give it a go.

I’ll be staying near Thornthwaite, anyone know what the bridleways like to ride that goes from there to start of the Whinlatter trails?

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Ride up the road.

Nice ride down the bridleway, but caution! There is a rocky drop towards the end. Ok if you keep your speed up, but most try to roll it to their peril.

jturn71

Ok thanks, perhaps i’ll leave that route for a daytime ride.

tomaso
    Free Member

A bit further south than Keswick generally but we ride Wednesday nights in the Lakes bogtrotters rides list
    Nan Bield this Wednesday, Jenkins Crag including Whansfell Pike next, and slightly nearer to Keswick is Tebay/Roundthwaite the week after. A new list for the next 3 months should appear on the website in the next couple of weeks.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

anyone know what the bridleways like to ride that goes from there to start of the Whinlatter trails?

There are two bridleways (and plenty of footpaths) heading up from Thornthwaite and Braithwaite. The C2C marked bridleway (just after the old garage) is your best bet going up. Half way up (just as the path levels out), look for another path that cuts across – that’s the descent Lesanita2 is refering to with the little step part way down and is the best option on the return journey. You can pick it up from the fireroad just after the first section of the North Loop, although the top part is footpath so best avoided if it’s busy with walkers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Keswick night rides’ is closed to new replies.