Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ken Dodd – omg
  • votchy
    Free Member

Got a last minute ticket to see Ken Dodd at Wolverhampton civic hall last night, 5 of us went. Show started at 7pm, KD wandered on at about 7:15, went off for an interval at 10, then back on at 10:15 and finished at 12:15, 83 years old and he never stopped for 5hrs, absolutely genius, had me laughing the entire night and it was a real pleasure to be amused by a comedian without him having to eff and jeff. Would recommend anyone to go and see him.

ChrisE
    Free Member

I know other people who have seen him (I havent). They say that he is an absolutly must see act (albeit a bit risky in places).

C

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He's a comedy genius, no doubt about it. 😀

anokdale
    Free Member

Comedy genius and tax expert as well 😉

oldfart

We saw him once had to leave just before midnight as i had to get up for work .He was still going !

GW
    Free Member

seen him loads as a kid, didn't realise he was still alive

satsoma
    Free Member

When I saw the title of the thread I thought he was dead!!

Goos to see he's still going strong…amazing!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did a chrity gig at my local amateur theatre and did the same time wise and refused his fee as well.

Great guy and funny

higgo
    Free Member

A word of warning…

Don't confuse 'Ken Dodd' with 'Ken Dodd's Laughter Show' (or whatever it was called). I went to see that and left at the first interval. He did a few slots himself (which were very good) but the rest of the show was made up of really poor cabaret acts – the only two I remember were a troop of dancing kids doing a cockney urchin routine and an awful singing impressionist doing Bowie, Marley, Boy George etc who had to tell the audience after each change who he was doing. Otherwise we really would not have known.

I've also seen Doddy on his own and agree with all the above.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

to quote Doddy "You don't have to laugh, but i'll add 10 minutes on to the end every time you don't"

woody2000

How's his dad's dog doing? 😀

duntstick
    Free Member

This thread is useless without jokes!

Comedy Genius you say, tell us his best ,most memorable one………

Last time I saw him he seemed either pissed, puddled or just pitiful 🙁

paul4stones

Early finish then he must be getting old!

First time I saw him got back at 2.30 am to find my pregnant wife sitting waiting for me wondering what had happened.
    "did you know there are 17 bones in your neck, more if you're eating kippers"

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Saw him at Bolton last year, hilarious! A girl came on stage with a box of sandwiches & a flask, Doddy says to the audience, 'i hope youv'e brought yours, it could be a long night' & 'we get babysitters ringing the police & saying, i think the parents have been kidnapped' too many daft little gags to remember.

allthepies
    Free Member

Gnarly dude too!

"At the age of seven, he was dared by his school friends to ride his bike with his eyes shut…and he did, for about ten feet, and the bicycle hit the kerb. Ken went flying open-mouthed on to the tarmac, resulting in his famous teeth of today."

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

My favourite is: What a great day to stick a cucumber through someone's letter box and shout "Oooh err Mrs, the Martians have landed!" :o)

BillyBull
    Free Member

What a day, what a day, for going up to Zeplin and saying you'll never sell a sausage that size.

On another note if you work in a big organisation you come across training where you are paired off with someone to learn an interesting fact about them as an ice breaker. You then report the interesting fact back to the room. Best one ever was a lass that had to report that the interesting fact about a lad called Ian from our team was that he had shagged one of Ken Dodd's diddy men.We pissed ourselves.

allthepies
    Free Member

Coming out of the closet disasters #372

BillyBull
    Free Member

The diddy man was a diddy girl who he met when she grew up and went to uni!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ken Dodd – omg’ is closed to new replies.