Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Keeping Kids Hands Warm?
  • liquid1000
    Free Member

Anyone have any cunning ways of keeping kids hands warm, have a two and half year old and am constantly battling to keep his hands warm. ideally I need some kids dachsteins but dont think they make them small enough. How do folk manage in colder climes? Spotty Otter do some down ones but need they will end up a soggy mess.

Cheers

boxelder

These (or similar) are warm, but not very dextrous.

bruneep

Kept my hands cosy at school

project
    Free Member

Any ideas for full grown adults,like me, i suffer from Raynauds and at the first sign of a draught my hands turn blue and then stop working as hands,ive tried thick gloves etc.

liquid1000
    Free Member

Dachstein mitts mate they are brilliant

Grimy
    Free Member

Gloves, pretty sure they make them in childrens sizes? 😈

maybe stuff em with some of the cotton wool you have em wrapped in? 😛

liquid1000
    Free Member

Thanks mate, really helpful that.

IanMunro
    Free Member

No poncing about here. This one would just use a couple of leverets.

bill-oddie
    Free Member

them sachet things that get proper warm are the one. you can get em from most camping shops. bit dear if you use them all the time though.

that and a decent set of wind shielding mittens should to the trick.

dt5714
    Free Member

Got a 2 1/2 year old too, try here, went to Kelowna (Canada) last winter and had her out in -30 in her snow suit and a pair of Bart's gloves worked really well, worth the money I'd say.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Keep their body core warm and their hands will be warmer?

liquid1000
    Free Member

Cheers fellas, I spent a bit of time in Canada, cant remember what the kids had on now! Got a couple of weeks in scotland coming up and wnat to make sure we get out as much as possible, so looking for helpful ideas.

theotherjonv

My pair (3yo and 5yo) didn't have proper gloves for the recent cold snap and moaned like hell out in the snow. But there's a decent outdoor wear shop near us and I picked up a pair of these each

http://www.daleswear.co.uk/index.cfm?action=shop.detail&pid=08B18104-D32F-AEE4-1B31E2E592517A2F&ref=gbase

[actually to be strictly correct I got the glove versions rather than the mittens but if we were going proper ski-ing / somewhere proper cold I would have had mittens]

Quality is great, some sort of Gore-tex alike (Trestex) and not a murmur since.

bananaworld
    Free Member

I got arrested the last time I tried to "keep the kids' hands warm"…

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

Oh dear oh dear .
    I have 4 babies ranging in size from about 'this big ' to about , i dunno , 'that big ' .
    You can get 'magic ' gloves from off the market for about a quid . That's if you live in the north ,like me.
    We have a Selfridges now , where , magically , they transform to cost £8.99
    Riding in the snow today , I briefly allowed the children to stop for a rest . There was a swan that appearred to be stranded in a hole in a frozen mining flash , it's thrashing and slipping was rather comedic , but , try as we might , none of us could quite manage to capture it .
    During this mid snow ride escapade , one of the children had the temerity to complain that his hands were freezing cold . This was clearly his fault as he had not thought to remove them before playing in the slushy ice , and whilst I must admit they were rather blue , at 10 yrs of age he is virtually a man , and should have " thought on ".
    If I'd been American I'd have told him to " Man the eff up ! " or something , but either way , we were 3 miles from home and what was I going to do ? lend him mine ? They're vintage gloves .

Listen kiddo , I've got work in the morning . Proper work , mind . He's on the ' gifted and talented team ' for maths and literacy . Go figure ,mekon boy.

At least he's got gears . His little sister's on a singlespeed , and to be honest , her gloves are a bit damp too.

Moanies evil twin has gutted the swan and is uploading some pictures on his Blackberry to his Ebay account of some salopettes he has fabricated from its wings.

If they start to moan , try this top tip .
    " shut up ".
    Repeat as required .

Wet cold miserable dirty snotty nosed kids are what made this great nation , and warm cosy bubblewrapped ones will bloody spoil it .

I tell ya . Dont come crying to me when it's a mess .

That said , Go Outdoors have some good deals on , if you've got a discount card.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Keeping Kids Hands Warm?’ is closed to new replies.