Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Keeping in shape during recovery from a broken leg
  • Castrol
    Free Member

Hi,

3 weeks ago I broke my leg skiing and am therefore not able to cycle or even walk without crutches so naturally feeling rubbish.

It was not a serious break (rotational break of the fibula) and is heavily strapped as opposed to cast however on crutches and cannot put much weight on it as yet.

From being relatively active to doing nothing is making me really fed
    up. I was just getting my fitness level to a good point too.

Any hints and tips for keeping in trim until I can ride again, hopefully only another 4 weeks?

One positive is that all the “walking” around on the crutches is helping with the upper body a little!

Thanks,
    Matt.

pacemaker
    Free Member

Can’t give any advise, but i feel for you mate.

My 12 year old daughter broke her ankle on Friday ice skating, she is a county champion gymnast so as you can imagine she is going out of her mind already.

She has to go in for the original cast off tomorrow and they will put another one on.

From training 5 times a week (and often comps on weekends) she now just sits on the sofa watching tv and on computer.

They say she will be in pot for 8-10 weeks and off training at gymnastics for upto a year

Castrol
    Free Member

Pacemaker,

Thats terrible, best of luck on her recovery, hope she is back in training soon.

Regards,
    Matt.

amatuer

I know I’m setting myself up for ridicule here, but try pilates. You’re not going to get any CV type workout with a broken leg, but most pilates excercises can be done on the floor with no specialst equipment.
    I was in a similar situation years ago and it does help. But do give it up after your leg has healed, it’s not something you want to admit to your mates in the pub.

molgrips
    Free Member

I know I’m setting myself up for ridicule here, but try pilates.

I dunno, wasn’t pilates designed as a way of rehabilitating injured soldiers?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Hopping?

Sorry..

Sh1t luck mate. All the best with the recovery.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Keeping in shape during recovery from a broken leg’ is closed to new replies.