Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • KCNC Bar Ends
  • didnothingfatal
    Free Member

I know they are light but are they any good? Are there better alternatives, Easton carbon?

Thanks

bikerbruce
    Free Member

i have a pair on all my mtbs ie. 4 pairs they work well and theyre light
    Bruce

aracer
    Free Member

Define “good”. They stay in place and provide a reasonably comfortable place to put your hands, though I have to admit I preferred the Extralite ones I had before, so try before you buy if you have the chance.

As for alternatives, I doubt the Easton ones are anywhere near as light – check out Extralite (though they’re far more pricey).

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Do they stay in place and are they solid, wondered with the amount of metal removed to get that weight do thye flex a bit? Hence thinking carbon, and the Easton ones?

aracer
    Free Member

They stay in place and are solid. I see no reason to expect the Easton ones to be any better in that respect. IMHO carbon is largely just bling on bar ends.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Cool, thanks if they stay in place and are solid that’s all I need to know.

njee20
    Free Member

Mt Zoom would get my vote, cheaper than KCNC, similar design, lighter…

sefton
    Free Member

they must be as light as you can get, seem well made – are they worth near 40quid – nope

njee20
    Free Member

No, they’re not as light as you can get, as you’ll see the Mt Zoom ones are near half the price, and are still ligther!

huw
    Free Member

I find the KCNC ones very comfortable. Not using them at the moment though and have a set (brand new, unused, unopened) for sale if you are interested?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-kcnc-bar-ends

shaggy

An other option is the Smica bar ends. They are a bit longer and a few grams (10?) heavier but they are only £13 on eBay.

njee20
    Free Member

The Smicas have a wider clamp than it appears because of the angle they sit at. They’re good, but I used to struggle to fit everything onto flat bars when using those.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

BBB carbon fibrelight here

reggiegasket
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Rather weighty!

aracer
    Free Member

the Mt Zoom ones are near half the price, and are still ligther

Yeah a full 0.6g lighter, but you can’t get them in gold!

http://www.extralite.com/Products/CyberEnds.html are only 38g and available in gold, but twice the price of the KCNC ones!

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah a full 0.6g lighter, but you can’t get them in gold!

I was thinking it was more, but alright, same weight, half the price 😉

Or, 1/4 the price of Extralite ones!

Alejandro
    Free Member

Mt Zoom may be cheaper but KCNC look the business in various ano colours. I know which ones I’ll be buying for my new build. If anyone has any for sale in red… 😉

ac282

KCNC bar ends are good but they are a bit short if you’ve got large hands. I would prefer a modern (lght) version of X-Lite Alto Pro IIs

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘KCNC Bar Ends’ is closed to new replies.