Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Karndean Fitting
  • Crag
    Free Member

Anyone know of any cheap/good Karndean suppliers and fitters in the Leeds area?

I reckon I’ll need between 18-20 square metres.

TIA.

mikey74
    Free Member

They must be Karndean approved: Official website

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Give troutie a shout, he’s on the forum. He’s a fitter by day. Light wizard by night.

Top guy and a real perfectionist.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    juanking

We had 3 downstairs rooms done. The cheapest place you will get it from anywhere is grants of buckie. We don’t live to far away in Aberdeen and he did a great job fitting it too. Give him a call to get a price for supply at least. JK.

trout
    Free Member

Cheers for the recommendation Wharfedale .

YGM Crag

gray

Whereabouts are you Mr Trout? We’re buying a house in Oxford and will be doing pretty major refurbishments, which will include new (wood of some sort) floors in the hall and lounge/diner, and (not wood, possibly Karndean / Amtico / ceramic tiles) in kitchen, utility and bathroom. So we’ll be wanting someone good to do all that for us at some point.

Crag
    Free Member

Hi Troutie,
    Just replied to your email – yours fell into my spam for some reason.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Slight thread hijack (assume ok as OP seems sorted) but does anyone have any advice/experience over whetehr to pay the extra for amtico compared to karndean? Or the other similar products such as LG, vusta etc?
    I’ve c40sqm to do in a combined L shaped kitchen and living area so these vinyl tiles seem ideal (and highly liked by all),

Thanks

trout
    Free Member

Amtico is the best. they then created the Spacia range to compete with Karndeans products
    Karndean now have a few different products from the cheap Knight tile up to the better Renoir and Michelangelo

in terms of tile construction we need to look at the wear surface of the tiles .

Amtico has a wear surface 1mm thick over the photo that is the pattern and then the backing .

Spacia is about half a mm wear surface .

Karndean Knight tile is as thick as a sheet of paper. and easily pealed off with a finger nail.
    the better more expensive karndean has thicker wear surfaces but none as thick as the Amtico .

fitting the subfloor preparation is the same for all the products above and the fitting techniques are the Same so any saving can really only come from using a cheaper tile or cutting corners in the sub floor.

Minimum ply wood thickness is 6 mm to over lay a timber floor but some will still use 3 mm
    i prefer to use 9 mm over floorboards and 6 mm ply over Chipboard flooring.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Trout – cheers. I had read similar wih regard to the coating applied and that karndean’s was actually quite thin and prone to wear and dimpling etc. Amtico appears to be over priced but definitely better. Suppose you pays your money….

trout
    Free Member

Yes agree amtico is overpriced and they must be feeling the pinch .
    I used to be full time fitting amtico and solid wood floors now it’s Karndean and Spacia with a sprinkling of Amtico and the odd wood floor .and this is the quietest year since the financial implosion so far

avdave2

in terms of tile construction we need to look at the wear surface of the tiles .

Does anyone else have a picture of trout in their head wearing a tank top and cords and presenting an open university programme early on a 1970’s Saturday morning while your waiting for swap shop to come on? 🙂

Riofer
    Free Member

Trout, I need about 26m2 laying in Sheffield if your interested in giving me a quote.

cheers
    Rio

theteaboy
    Free Member

DIY!

trout
    Free Member

Lol at Avdave afraid the tank top is a bit snug now.
    Rio
    pop me a mail with a plan and floor type and I will give you a quote .
    Sheffield is doable from Silsden.

Teaboy. Take the food from my babies mouths why don t you

Riofer
    Free Member

Cheers Trout will sort some info out tonight

Riofer
    Free Member

Trout

If your looking, did you get my email – sent Sunday night?

Cheers

deepreddave
    Free Member

Any Karndean fitters in the Cumbria area? Seems much cheaper to buy online if you’re not mega fussy over the wood type pattern…

deepreddave
    Free Member

There must be at least one…..

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Karndean Fitting’ is closed to new replies.