Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kaffenback sizing
  • fourbanger
    Free Member

Planet X seem to have removed the Kaffenback from their frames page. Does anyone know what size a medium equates to in cm?
    Cheers.

CaptJon
    Free Member

No, but I’m six foot and ride a medium if that is any use.

Michael-B
    Free Member
    fourbanger
    Free Member

Thanks, but the question I perhaps should be asking is how does that compare to conventional road frame?

grum
    Free Member

I’m 5’8 and my medium is too long for me really. I think there are new frames coming out very soon which is why they’ve taken them off the site.

fourbanger
    Free Member

OK, I have a medium Kaffenback, but I want to buy a different conventional road frame to replace it. What I want to know is what size to go for?

daveawood
    Free Member

Most Planet X and On One frames tend to be “long and low” by which I mean a long top tube and low/short headtube. If we’ve established medium is 51cm (seat tube) I’ll bet it has a 54cmish top tube whilst something like my medium Trek Pilot has a 54cm seat tube and 54cm top tube. So to answer your question have a look at the geometry of your potential replacement and keep an eye on the reach or top tube length as much as the “size” or seat tube length. If you were comfy on the Kaffenback get something with a similar top tube you can within reason adjust the seatpost extension to suit.

fourbanger
    Free Member

daveawood, a very sensible reply. Thanks!

fourbanger
    Free Member

And respect to Planet X for replying very swiftly and clearly to my emailed question. And on a Sunday! Can’t say fairer than that.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

are you selling the medium Kaffenback by any chance?

fourbanger
    Free Member

Not sure what I’m doing with it yet as LBS made a complete hash of cleaning the BB threads and it’s now chewing through HT2’s. I was going to dump it with them, but I don’t think they have the ability to fix it. It might be up for grabs if I can sort it, but expect it’ll sit in my shed making me scowl.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kaffenback sizing’ is closed to new replies.