Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Just when you thought youd seen everything on tv
  • project
    Free Member

Jamie drag Queen at 16.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012p4kc

He is either very naive, or very brave, it may not be your scene, but is it car crash tv,or a valid media outing for the lad.

Discuss.

allthegear
    Free Member

Getting in early with the thread opener, Project?

I guess I’ll watch – should be interesting to see how the TV people report about it.

Rachel

Junkyard
    Free Member

obviously he is very brave and thankfully he lives in a time where he will find some like minded folk who will be supportive and he can be out and proud.
    The guy has bravery by the bucketload IMHO

allthegear
    Free Member

I thought it started at 9pm??

project
    Free Member

Thought that id put it up before it starts, so peps can watch.

allthegear
    Free Member

Damn – he’s got a better waist then me!!!!

Rachel

muddydwarf
    Free Member

He is pretty skinny, but he is only 16!

Brave lad, i can’t imagine doing owt like that when i was his age!

(Mind you, a few years later i was going out in full make up, BIG spiky hair and some really outrageous outfits!)

allthegear
    Free Member

punk days??

boxfish
    Free Member

You could always switch over to this… 😈 I think it may contain some actual car crashes

allthegear
    Free Member

Actually, I’m fairly impressed with the way the BBC gave done this. They have been pretty fair in how they have depicted Jamie, I think. Certainly not as a freak (which is the usual fare)

Rachel

allthegear
    Free Member

wow – she looks great!!

Rachel

hilldodger
    Free Member

Is that ‘egg man’ Jamie 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Rachel – more the glam rock revival of the mid 80’s, think Hanoi Rocks etc and thats what i looked like!

I’m amazed at how confident this lad has turned out, hope it goes well in future for him.

emsz
    Free Member

so brave.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Looks like he has a lot of friends – i hope these are real and not just there for being on the telly.

allthegear
    Free Member

so glad the performance went so well for her. okay – having a cry now lol

Rachel

maccruiskeen

(Mind you, a few years later i was going out in full make up, BIG spiky hair and some really outrageous outfits!)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Lot worse than that!! 😆

ilovemygears
    Free Member

i want a tv documantry made about me, i think i qualify in the weirdness scale….

allthegear
    Free Member

Got to be able to spell documentary first… 😉

Rachel

project
    Free Member

A really well made documentry, so glad i watched it,sad, funny and so life changing for a lot of people, especially his dad, and as said above he was so brave.

emsz
    Free Member

Lovely, all his mates standing up for him at his prom, had tears in my eyes

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Got to be able to spell documentary first…

Rachel

i cant spell propergander but i got a 2:1 in history… so i think they should make one about me

allthegear
    Free Member

Lovely, all his mates standing up for him at his prom, had tears in my eyes

yes – I know a few people in the same/similar position who are terrified they would not get the same.

Rachel

Dolcered

that was well worth a viewing, not the trashy docu it could have been. I wish id had his confidence at 16 and could walk as well as he does in heels!

ilovemygears
    Free Member

going to express my vies hear after watching the program, i feel i can do this as i am a tranny my self so perhaps have a diffrent view on it than others.
    it just seemed to cover the stereo typical tranny*, i found the whole program quite offensive actually, to prompts the idea that a person worth revolves around how convincing they are they are, its a load of old shit.
    The person clearly had a warped view on what a woman is, she seemed to want to be a 1950’s idealised american house wife.Not a strong and independent person.It just seemd to me that she thought if im hot i can just lie hear with my legs open and men will buy ,me things and i wolnt have to work. life ant like that and most women find they dont want to be a mans possession . , Also high heels are shit for riding a bike in.
    pic of me just so now one can accuse ,me of trolling

*a bit like the way a stereo typical gay man on TV is overly camp even though most gay people ant camp at all.

allthegear
    Free Member

ilovemygears – first of all, well done on speaking up about your own personal situation on STW. They’re a pretty good bunch on here but it takes a lot of courage, nonetheless.

oh – and a great picture, too!

Remember, though, that not everyone is the same as you – Jamie in the TV programme had a very specific interest in performing as a Drag Queen – not at all the same thing as other T* identities. I have a drag queen friend who wouldn’t even consider looking like an average woman – he’d not see the point in that at all. (probably just as well as he’d look way too good!)

Your own identity may well clash with what you saw but it is still a genuine identity and, I think, the BBC depicted it well.

Rachel

project
    Free Member

Ilovemygears, Jamie said he was gay,and wanted to dress up as a women, i dont rember him sying he got sexual gratification from it or that he was out to look like a wonmen to attract men to him.

What did come over was a very well made documentry, and a young lad with many freinds and suportive family, except perhaps his dad and school.

Jamie also stated he didnt want to live the life odf a woman, nd have the chop, but that he just enjoyed cross dressing as do a lot of married straight men, in the privacy of their own homes.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

To be fair, the young lad said he was wanting to be a drag queen, which is a different thing to being a transvestite and a million miles away from being trans. It may be that he is young and still working out his sexuality and gender identity but at the moment in time the prog was made he seemed quite adamant about what he is and is not.

I was amazed at how not only his year mates stood up for him in front of the Head of Year, but some parents as well. Things have obviously changed since i was at school – and for the better.

allthegear
    Free Member

project:

and have the chop

– lol – you make it sound so appealing!!!!

Rachel

yunki
    Free Member

we watched it last night.. if a drag queen is where you want your career to head it’s got to be quite a daunting prospect to try to get taken seriously and garner support from school and careers advisors etc.. he seemed very level headed and quite mature for his years..

The post from Ilovemygears above seems a little confused or prejudiced.. 😕

We came away from it hoping that we can find it in ourselves to be as supportive as Jamie’s mum if our kids lives head in an unusual direction..

allthegear
    Free Member

yunki – I can’t imagine a better thought to be going through peoples heads in here than the one you have just expressed.

Life is complicated and (luckily) everyone is different. Being able to appreciate a child’s identity, even if you can’t understand it, is massive.

I’m sure you’ll be amazing parents!

Rachel

TheSwede
    Free Member

Well I was going to say that I’ve always fancied a flutter with a tranny, you know, try everything once except incest and morris dancing but jeeze, I’m out of here 😯

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Just when you thought youd seen everything on tv’ is closed to new replies.