Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Just seen a nice new Ford…
  • willard

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/09/01/ford_unveils_evos_cloud_connected_concept_car/

Ok, so the pictures are most likely renders (good ones though) and te foldy doors might be a turn off, but the car as a whole looks really quite nice.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Ford have made a delorean!

jon1973
    Free Member

Apart from looking futuristic and quite cool, what is the point of the doors that open upwards like that? I can only think of disavantages.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Concept car designers do like their gullwing doors don’t they?

Why’s the driver’s seat red?

Flaperon

Why’s the driver’s seat red?

‘Cos it makes the car go faster.

jon1973
    Free Member

Maybe it’s a ejector seat, which may explain the need for those doors as well.

Edukator
    Free Member

That is some of the most nauseating hyperbole I’ve ever read. Now if I write “the M5 is currently blocked at Worcester and the best alternative is take the M42, M40 and M4 to avoid it” will the cloud relay my wisdom to all those Fords and send people dumb enough to buy the things on wild goose chases?

jon1973
    Free Member

will the cloud relay my wisdom to all those Fords and send people dumb enough to buy the things on wild goose chases?

No, but it can reset your alarm clock apparently.

geoffj

😐

Whilst the DB9 is a lovely lovely thing, you’d have thought the Ford guys could have been a little more original in their thinking.

Ford sold Aston in 2007 IIRC

willard

You know, I think that’s why I like it…

Upward doors: Good for opening in tight spaces. Like slidey doors, but cooler.

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s definately cool, but I think I’d just keep banging my head on it.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Good for opening in tight spaces

How so?
    Look to be a simple hinge, so they’re still going to arc out. Now if it was a massivly complex parrallel linkage it’d make more sense.

midlifecrashes

Good for concept cars and taking internal photos, not much use for anything else. They’d probably hit the roof of most multi-storey car parks anyway, and where are you going to put the bike? Driver’s area looks very cramped. Why do you need all that centre console stuff anyway in any car?

clubber
    Free Member

They’d probably hit the roof of most multi-storey car parks anyway

My Mondeo boot does that too 🙂

porter_jamie

calm down dear, it’s only a concept car. they are not going to build it. i agree the doors are minging. the front looks a bit astony, which isnt such a bad thing no? and the rear looks a bit like a 67 mustang, or maybe a new scirocco

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, I want one. Love it!

dave360

those pointy door corners will have someone’s eye out

DezB
    Free Member

Looks like it should’ve been a villain in “Cars 2” 🙂

stumpy01

Looks nice – my first thought was they’ve been going through the Aston Martin scrap book.

Definitely been looking at the concept car checklist too:

– big wheels ripe for kerbing – check
    – gull wing doors – check
    – teeny weeny door mirrors – check
    – massive centre console – check
    – blue LED dash with odd shaped steering wheel – check
    – ridiculous bucket seats – check

We’re done lads, better get back to those Fiesta wheel trims that were supposed to be finished last week…….

herusix
    Free Member

I too noticed the similarities to the Aston,grille and side windows very similar.
    Think that will be the new Capri to rival VW’s Scirocco.

Northwind

What does it look like when it finishes transforming, is what I want to know.

It does remind me of a DB crossed with a new Scirocco… And also, the rear end reminds me of the scrunched up miserable faces of old women smoking outside the bingo hall.

herusix – Member

Think that will be the new Capri to rival VW’s Scirocco.

The Probe was the new Capri! Or, not 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Just seen a nice new Ford…’ is closed to new replies.