Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Just had my first ride at Glentress
  • stevewhyte
    Free Member

I can really see the attraction for the weekend Edinburgh riders. Very smooth well engineered track and nothing really technical about it. Some great views and to be honest i really enjoyed the climbs, especially the steep one after the long fire road section.

The red is for sure one of the easiest of the 7 stanes routes.

The blue actually looked quite nice, will probably go back and try the blue and then doe to inner and do the red there.

A nice trail centre for sure. Dalbeatie is much more technical and Ae is toughter physically.

Looks like you could spend years trying out various bits, also will have to go back and try the bike park out which look fab.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It is a fantastic facility with a bit of everything for everyone

MarkN
    Free Member

Yes it does get a bit of a bashing but there is generally something there for all.

rOcKeTdOg

The blue is great fun, the faster you go the better it gets

grum
    Free Member

Yeah the blue is great, as is the red. Was a bit underwhelmed by the black but overall it’s a fantastic facility. It’s a bit too mainstream for some on STW of course.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Agree. The Blue from the top of the skills park (Berm Baby Berm?) all the way to Peel (with a little detour back onto the red/black end) is superb if really attacked. Probably my favourite trail centre descent.

But the red and black as well are equally great. Black gives a feeling of properly being in the wilderness with some big climbs and long, rocky descents with the red more of a smooth roller coaster of a ride.

Was only there a month or so back but need to make the 3.5 hour drive up again ASAP!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Oh, and despite all this “I’ll never eat at the Peel / buy parts from the shop” etc in a pro-Hub show of support, theres absolutely no doubt in my mind that from what I saw the other week, the new facilities there from the bogs to the bike shop to the food and the massive, airy, warm cafe with plenty of seating is on a different planet compared to a rusting portakabin with a few seats outside.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I really got the feeling that the Blue would be alot of fun, as you can probably go full on without worrying if there is a big drop or some rock feature coming up round the bend.

It looks like the drainage will be good too, so it will not really be affected by the weather much.

For me i still prefer Mabie and Ae but then i live less than 6 miles for each. If i live clost to GT i would not feel hard done by. Especially with Inners close by too.

I thnik some folk really forget how lucky we are in this area. Not just trail centres but so much natural biking too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just had my first ride at Glentress’ is closed to new replies.