Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Just found two dogs – what to do?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Currently tied up outside our house. Not strays.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Ring the RSPCA

Torminalis
    Free Member

Do they have collars and tags?

richc
    Free Member

odd, I’d ring the RSPCA and let them check if they are chipped.

molgrips
    Free Member

Collars yes, no tags obviously.

headfirst
    Free Member

yeah, RSPCA can scan them for a micro-chip

EDIT:too slow

orangina
    Free Member

Yep, RSPCA.

Torminalis
    Free Member

And were they tied up when you found them or were they found after which point you tied them up?

We have a local dog whose owner lets him run wild in the military land behind the house. Does no harm to anyone and is very friendly. If we tied him up he could no longer go home and that would be worrying for his owner…

ourmaninthenorth

Crap on the floor in front of them and make them walk in it.

See how they like it.

soobalias
    Free Member

i will take the bigger of the two

paypal ok?

highclimber
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

They were running all over, for an hour or more. They aren’t local, we’ve never seen them before. Mrs Grips just walked them all over the neigbourhood and no-one was out looking for a dog. So we tied them up outside our front door.

nickf
    Free Member

Photos, please.

Oh, and take them to the Dogs Trust/RSPCA etc.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Fair enough. RSPCA and a pat ono the back for you for being a dog lover and responsible human.

Milkie
    Free Member

Don’t think you should call the RSPCA, as that’s Cruilty to Animals.

Try giving the local Vets a call and they should be able to put you in touch with the Dog Warden.

molgrips
    Free Member

RSPCA is animal welfare, however they refer you to the local dog warden which is a council thing.

They are currently engaged.

Why do you want pics?

Cougar

I’d ring the RSPCA and let them check if they are chipped.

If they are, they’ll eat imported dog food.

Cougar

Why do you want pics?

Keith Lard?

Milkie
    Free Member

Why do you want pics?

… cos its a Friday! 😆

peterwp
    Free Member

Take them to the local Chinese takeaway in exchange for cash?(round the back obviously otherwise it would be bad for trade!)

nickf
    Free Member

Why do you want pics?

‘Cos I like dogs! If they were uber-cute I might even persuade Mrs NickF that we need a few more…..

Stuey01
    Free Member

Stir fry for tea?

molgrips
    Free Member

Called the council dog warden, they said someone had already reported them and they’d give them my number.. I thought that was odd since it’s hardly the reporting person’s responsibility.. then I realised that the OWNER had reported them as being lost.. so they are on their way.

scaredypants

get ’em fighting and run a book on here ?

bah, too late 🙁

richc
    Free Member

Crap on the floor in front of them and make them walk in it.

Well that seems to be the attitude of lots of Mountain bikers in Bristol at the moment, the amount of human shit in Leigh Woods since the new trails have been built are horrendous, mind you it seems to be making people stop moaning at dog walkers for not picking up there dogs shit, as human shit is that much more vile……..

molgrips
    Free Member

Owner has come round for them. All resolved 🙂

They were cute btw, one was a red King Charles spaniel.

richc
    Free Member

result 🙂

bruk

Good news, was going to suggest nipping them down to your local vets who would have scanned them to see if they had been chipped.

Well done on keeping them safe.

rainbow
    Free Member

Hey highclimber, I would love to put you in the bag and would happy chuck you in the river.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A Cavalier or a King? Oh, and it’s Ruby, not red! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t bloody know! I thought it was a bit small for a KCS but it looked a bit like one.. dunno dogs.

My hands now stink of dog though. They went a bit nuts when any other dog came by (we are near a walkers’ route) and the mongrel jumped over the railing and hung on its back legs, then slipped out of its collar so I had to do some comforting and handling.

Apparently the Virgin Media guy came around to their house and left the door open whilst working, so the bolted. Our house is about ooh.. 5 mins walk away. They sound like troublesome dogs.

Wozza
    Free Member

I lol’d

godzilla
    Free Member

Call animal wardens (08452417253) what area are you in?
    If they dont cover your area call the council.

Cougar

I lol’d

I do wonder, sometimes.

(-:

Torminalis
    Free Member

It has always seemed weird to me that a dog would bolt at the first sign of an open door. Makes them sound like captives. I routinely try to set my dog free but he isn’t having it, he always follows me home. Quite surprised how far he can navigate sometimes…

molgrips
    Free Member

I was rather surprised that they didn’t head back. Quite possibly not walked enough so they don’t know their way home, or don’t get enough exercise to be content.

stcolin
    Free Member

Are they Jack Russells?

See what I did there….?

godzilla
    Free Member

Loads of dog’s run away this weekend as they don’t much like fireworks, it’s a busy time for dogcatcher’s, Sometimes when people find dog’s the just tie them up and leave them, they don bother to look for owners and just don’t want to see them run over.

scaredypants

<is a bit too thick> 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah well all turned out good in the end then. 🙂

Makes my joke about singing ‘It’s fun to stay at the RS-P-C-A’ to them rather redundant now. 😐

Sigh…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Just found two dogs – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.