Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Just fed-up? or is it more?
  • cinnamon_girl

You mean one that goes inside the frame, to carry stuff? IanB on here makes those, or rather his Mrs does.

Hmmm, I’ve been dipping in and out of the Bivi thread but thought they weren’t available yet?

Pootles off to have a week look.

ononeorange

My rule of thumb is that the bigger the city the more lonely you feel if you’re on your own for a while. It doesn’t last though.

As Bunnyhop said above, the root of everything seems to be the ankle, don’t run away from things (excuse the pathetic pun). Put all of your efforts for now into getting that worked out and break the spiral. I can sympathise, currently on crutches having had mine operated on two weeks ago after the 5 years of hell it gave me, but I was able to keep riding after a style. Get that done and then throw yourself back at biking, running, climbing, biking whatever. It will all come back.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Hi all, thanks for the ideas and thoughts. I’m feeling more positive today foloowing a session of accupuncture at Crstal Palace Sports Injury Clinic :-). The physios there are good….you’d expect it of a clinic at the national sports arena. As I was getting accupuncture today I saw a different physio to my usual one, who gave me another complete assessment a confident and logical sounding diagnosis that went furhter than anything I’ve had before, and a very positive outlook regarding the treatment he thinks the consultant will presribe – cortisone injections plus more physio. His explanation made me feel positive I could have this sorted sooner (say a couple of months) rather than…well…surgery on the NHS and recovery after could have been a long way off.

In the meantime I’m hoping the accupuncture will help, I’m going to try yoga and am seeking a recomendation for somewhere with taster beginner sessions. I’m also thinking about a short culinary course but ‘kin ‘ell! are they all £500 for about 6 sessions/classes? I was expecting half that.

right, off to ice the ankle…accupuncture makes it sore 🙁 but it was meant to apparently 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

accupuncture makes it sore but it was meant to apparently

😕 I don’t think it should – well certainly not after the needles have been removed.

Good luck anyway………I have a lot of confidence in acupuncture, and have had loads of positive results from it 8)

neilnevill
    Free Member

I was told even before the needles were placed, it would make it sore after treatment and I should ice it.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I’m reading this thread again. Yep, there’s a reason. After 5 good months I’m struggling…have been for about 2 weeks.

Thankfully my ankle improved, suddenly turning a corner in early June that meant I could climb again. I threw myself into it with incredible gusto and relief! I HAD FUN! Seeing friends again, and even better making some new ones. I did find it hard that some of my old ‘friends’ were no longer interested in me at all, but as I made others I just shrugged that off.
    climbing 3 evenings a week, out most weekends over the summer months…then it seems I caught the eye of a nice girl and she schemed….before I knew what had happened we were an item and I was happy with that 🙂
    trouble came when it seems things faded for her after a couple of months, and we split up. Okay fair enough and I’m not cut up about not being with her but I am feeling quite fed up again….and the lethargy is back. 🙁
    Climbing right now is awkward, so I’m avoiding it. I did try the other week, it wasn’t very enjoyable…best left a while longer. My ankle still isn’t perfect (and may never be) so bouldering alone is very risky, and my climbing group means being around the girl I was with.
    I feel like I’ve made a big effort for several months and now I’m back where I started, or even worse. Still no close friends and there lies my problem.
    So, its a sunny day outside and I’ve no one to ride with and little desire to do yet another ride alone. Currently not climbing, and it seems like I’m bored, lonely and trending downwards again 🙁

So I’m re-reading this. for support and to remember the ideas.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Stick with the climbing… and your climbing group. A couple more times being around the group and the girl and it’ll feel normal.

Now go and scheme to get another nice girl… be proactive and take control.

xcracer1
    Free Member

Reading your post it could be anxiety as you seem to be worrying over many things. We all know the more you worry over something the worst it gets, especially if its difficult to resolve. How often do you catch yourself worrying and do you feel generally nervous ?

neilnevill
    Free Member

Not really caught myself worrying…other than feeling nervous about my health over this issue.
    Work has been pretty busy and a little stressful but I’m enjoying it. I don’t ‘live to work’ (definitely not!) but work is giving me more satisfaction than my personal life currently….so if work is stressing me I’m really screwed!

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

How about joining the ranks of the photographers?

Get out and about, loads to learn, not too health specific and on not such nice days do the computer side of it

Camera clubs can be good although some are awful, bit like most things I reckon, but worth trying even if its only once

flip
    Free Member

How about joining the ranks of the photographers?

Yes plenty of other hobbies about, i just don’t seem to have enough hrs in the day.

Maybe it’s that London and maybe re locate?

Chin up fella 😉

derekrides
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever read such a diatribe of slefish self centred drivel in all my forum adventures.

Dude you want to stop expecting people to do things for you and try helping them with their issues, I hate to think what you did to piss the girl off. Expecting everyone around you to come to you, to pay attention to you all the damned time, life aint like that.

You want to take serious stock of how lucky you are, you need to take a trip to Africa..

I’ve got to go elsewhere now, but I’ll be back with more advice shortly, before you end up topping yourself.

singletrackmind

**** Off Derek
    Your about as helpfull as a sh1t in a kettle
    I read alot of your posts , they are nasty and ,in the most part spiteful.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Neil; there’ll hopefully be a London Pootle with me and Bullheart soon. I’ll badger the useless lazy excuse-making bugger into sorting something out. Today wooduv bin perfect actually; warm, sunny, dry.

We’ll sort something out soon. Bikey, London and then food and beer! What could possibly be better??? 😀

neilnevill
    Free Member

Cheers Az

cinnamon_girl

Never underestimate how much we take good health for granted. It must be extremely frustrating for you, being unable to climb as you obviously enjoy it immensely.

A London Pootle sounds the way to go, just nag them to get it organised!

Good luck. 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Just fed-up? or is it more?’ is closed to new replies.